Why do straight women hit on gay guys...

Options

Replies

• carolsteele45
    carolsteele45 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same reason straight guys hit on lesbians.
    Actually I think the reason why straight guys hit on lesbians is completely different, straight guys often see lesbians as a challenge and think that one night in bed will 'cure' them.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    In the UK at least many Gay bars are really "gay friendly" and there will be a mix of people there.
    The fact you have an engagement ring on though makes it a bit more puzzling.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Actually I think the reason why straight guys hit on lesbians is completely different, straight guys often see lesbians as a challenge and think that one night in bed will 'cure' them.
    All human.

Humans want whoever they deem attractive.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It's not really something I'm into, but maybe they just think flirting is fun?
  • Lemonshake
    Lemonshake Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hmm I won't lie. I'm a flirt. It may be just a case of flirting getting mistaken for hitting on?
    I've been told I do it with out realising. So it may be the case that other women out there are similar to me and it's being mistaken for more?
    Think of it like a compliment. People are happy to talk to you and your man.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That's the same story I got about why straight women hit on gay guys... the whole "challenge" thing.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Women like a challenge. They marry the man they get then try to change him into the man they wanted.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    For practice?
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have several gay friends and I had absolutely no idea this happened. I'm going to have to ask them about their experiences. If women are hitting on gay men, I can only guess that it's because he's an ideal man and she's hoping maybe he's actually straight, she doesn't know he's gay, or because rejection wouldn't be a confidence crusher. People hit on and flirt with who they're attracted to, it's probably as simple as that.
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    She sees potential in his DNA, obviously
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Maybe, b/c they can be over the top, no-holds-bar, take it up a notch, knowing they can get away with it in a safe way. Same goes for guys hitting on gay women.

Just a shot in the dark guess.
  • polkadotmoon
    Options

You'd be surprised at how many women think they'd be the one to 'cure' a gay man, or at the very least be the special little snowflake who'd turn his homosexuality on its head. I'm sure more than a few do it for the giggles and safety of flirtatious interactions without someone thinking they're entitled to the beast with two backs, but I've noticed far more women go out of their way to actively try and "bed a gay". Apparently straight men are too easy.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    What about straight guys hitting on gay guys on the gay guy side of the straight bar.

What about that.

once I went to a bar with a few friends we were sure it was a gay bar [it wasn't they just use that place for gay events once a month] well, a guy walked up to me (from behing) pinched my *kitten* and then caressed my arm. I was like "wtf?! why do women hit on me in gay bars and men hit on me in straight bars?"
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Hmm I won't lie. I'm a flirt. It may be just a case of flirting getting mistaken for hitting on?
    I've been told I do it with out realising. So it may be the case that other women out there are similar to me and it's being mistaken for more?
    Think of it like a compliment. People are happy to talk to you and your man.

Well this lady actually said (I was single at the time, and we were dancing because she challenged me) "Damn boy, I want you to F me like right effiing now"
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Oh and str8 women at gay bars are quite handsy by the way, I mean some of them [if not most] are just cool and fun - wanting to dance and have fun (love them) but then there are those who just want to grab your junk and try to bed you.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You're making it sound like gay bars would be a good place to meet woman, haha
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    some guys actually do that...

funny-gay-club-straight-man-problem.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Lol it probably is! My guard is always down at gay bars because I can relax, enjoy myself and not have to deal with being hit on by dudes. Add that to alcohol, and it just may be easier to hit on straight women there. :smile:
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Women like a challenge. They marry the man they get then try to change him into the man they wanted.

They do. BIIIIIIIGG MISTAKE!! :brokenheart:

Before I get married again, I'm going to make sure that I can accept him for who he is right at that moment, or I'll move on. Trying to change a man just takes too much energy and too many tears. :sad:

Having said that, I have to say that men do the SAME THING to us! So there!

KALuy2v.gif
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ohh so you mean bisexual men do not go to gay bars?? ohh thats right we bisexuals are not allowed in lgBt spaces

I forgot

silly