Music play list for running/cycling

Options
Hey everyone! I need some suggestions!

I just recently got a phone that can also double as a media player. I have never been a music listener and for the last 7 months I have been jogging without any music, but I feel that maybe having some upbeat, fun tunes (no rap, please) pumping into my ears could help me run a little faster and longer. I am currently training to run a 10k at the end of October and would love some suggestions for individual songs or whole albums that you listen to while running/cycling/etc.

I literally have absolutely ZERO knowledge of music out there presently, so try to be patient with me.

Thanks in advance!
Meag

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    The Strokes, The Ditty Bops, Weezer, Veruca Salt, OK Go... there are so many more but I can't think of them. Random songs from those groups are uppity!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    The Strokes, The Ditty Bops, Weezer, Veruca Salt, OK Go... there are so many more but I can't think of them. Random songs from those groups are uppity!

Awesome!! That's a great start :D
  • Shakinhips
    Shakinhips Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorite songs are

Phoenix - 1901
    Bombay Bicycle Club - The Hill
    Empire of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
    Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
    Matt & Kim - Daylight
    Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved
    Nikka Costa - Everybody Got Their Something

They are all pretty upbeat songs. They all make me want to dance when I'm working out haha. But, hopefully that helps a little!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorite songs are

Phoenix - 1901
    Bombay Bicycle Club - The Hill
    Empire of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
    Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
    Matt & Kim - Daylight
    Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved
    Nikka Costa - Everybody Got Their Something

They are all pretty upbeat songs. They all make me want to dance when I'm working out haha. But, hopefully that helps a little!!

Thank you!! Great suggestions :D