Trying to find myself again.

Hey there, not new to this site but just haven't been very successful at it. Thought I would try the social aspect of it and see if that will keep me focused. Have a lot to lose but really do want a lifestyle change not just a weight loss. Been eating working out all week and I really do feel better. Would love to get back to that size 4 but more importantly I want my self-esteem back. Find myself hiding most of the time because of my weight. Hopefully this time will be different both physically and emotionally. My husband just lost 50lbsand he made it look so easy. Don't want to waste one more minute being overweight. Can't wait to read all your success stories and learn from them. Wish me luck...again!:smile:

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    You are a truly beautiful woman who deserves the best. I find that I am most motivated when trying to motivate others and I stop focusing on myself. Sort of the distraction method. You can do it and more!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    i agree .. i try to inspire others when i do that it helps me stay on track.. you will do this! your worth it.
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Hi there! I've been scouring the boards myself, trying to find new friends and motivation. I'm trying to build my self esteem; I have been quite miserable the last few years without it. :(
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    At my age, I'm in a different place and my identity isn't about my husband but about me. Maybe being in a second marriage makes a difference? Or maybe it's age? I don't know. I just know that I'm a bit more cynical in some respects and a bit more positive in others. My husband is a downer and I have to work extra hard to stay positive. Bc of this, I set my mind at the end of last year to focus on ME this year.

Selfish? Maybe so. But at the end of the day, nobody is going to take care of me .. but ME.

All that to say... if you need to focus on you and find yourself... do it! Time for you is important. Your health is immensely important. Feeling good about you is important, :flowerforyou:
  • KarenYoung40
    KarenYoung40 Posts: 2 Member
    I understand. In most of our pictures of our kids is my husband. I don't like my picture taken because of my weight. But last year my grandmother died from cancer and my mother was diagnosed with cancer. I now realize that I have to change my diet for reasons other than just losing weight. So my focus now is to get healthy more than just lose weight and it has made the changes much easier because I'm not just thinking about myself anymore. I want to be around for my kids. I would love help encourage you on your journey. :)