new to this & want/need to lose 120lbs

Options
I am new to MFP. I started using it 5 days ago. I am committed to losing the weight. I want to get healthy and teach my younger children to eat and be healthy. I have a 3 yr old daughter and don't want her growing up making poor food choices like I did growing up. My 19yr old and I are both using MFP and working out together. I like all of the features MFP offers. i love that I can enter my recipes and it figures out the calories. Speaking of calories, shocking what I am/was consuming everyday.
I have a hard time staying motivated. When I can't see results right away, I give up. But I know when I was working out a few months ago, I felt better. I am ashamed that I am so over weight. Although I still move around quite well and to look at me you would never think I need to lose as much as I do.

Replies

• xtdakotatx
    xtdakotatx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the same problems, I would start and get unmotivated. I have now been going strong for almost 3 months, I still don't see any difference. BUT I do feel a LOT better already. Keep up the hard work. This community is wonderful and together we will all be healthy again!
  • mikecole2014
    Options
    it's just starting again that's the first step and now that you have . For good reasons also you can do this and they're many people on here to encourage and to motivate you. Just take it one step at a time.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the choice to live healthy! :-)
    Once it becomes part of your daily routine, it will get easier.once its part of your daily life, you no longer need tons of motivation as its just part of your routine at that point. just don't give up :-)
  • angeleyesvic
    angeleyesvic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I love mfp but lately I have lost my motivation. Stress is consuming my world and the winter is cruel here. I am starting again tomm. I am a working wife and mother who seems to be the only one here who has any true desire to be healthy!! I work at a high stress job with a lot of young woman that just eat anything and have no cares. I can't ignore my issues I love worki g out and without it I may have to face medication for anxiety. Please keep up all this awesome posts and recipes I love it. Wish me luck tommorow another go and this is the one!!! I got this.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Good luck angel!! You can do this! :-) starting over is better then never starting at all!! :-)
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome in. Baby steps. Most important thing is portion control. Can't fake it. Your body knows what you ate even if your diary doesn't. Make a new healthier choice each week and incorporate it into your life. I've been MVP for 5 years. I've been anywhere from 127 to 285 in my adult life and have had a myriad of health issues contributing to that. But I'm almost 49 now. I'm committed to eating half of what I used to eat, so the pounds should fall off eventually. I just started back on MFP For real again TODAY in fact. I lost about 14 lbs doing WW and had to drop it to save the money.

Make friends!!!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You have made the first step and that is the most important one :)
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Patience is indeed the most difficult part. Motivation can not sustain you for the period of time it will take to get to a healthier weight, so you need to have determination. I can also tell you from personal experience that, while you may be getting around okay now, ,that will change as you age if you do not get the weight off. My last straw was the pain of standing (my ankles) and my knees as I went up and down stairs. My mobility was becoming compromised so I finally had the motivation to begin, but I know that won't be enough. I am determined to have a healthy body, to be able to move comfortably and to be reasonably free of pain.