Need help choosing appropriate clothing for my body type

mommy2maddox
mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
Hi there. I am looking for some advice with clothing for my body type. I suppose I am pear shaped with a very small top half and then at my hips, I am heavier and it includes my calves. Most pear shaped women can get away with wearing shorter skirts as they can show off their skinnier calves but I do not have this option. I am in process of losing weight but I have always had thicker calves, even when I was 30 pounds lighter at 120.

My biggest issue is that I live in Phoenix and this will be my second summer and I would just love some ideas of outfits that are flattering yet cool enough for this weather. I do tend to wear a lot of maxi dresses and skirts so that may be my only option but wanted to make this kind of fun.

Thank you!!

Replies

• bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Unfortunately I cannot give you clothing advice. I am male; and as such, tend to have a fashion disability. That being said, I am a married male and know a bit about self conscious women.

All due respect to you and your husband when I say this... You are not a "Pear Shaped" woman. I looked through profile pics. You are quite attractive. It is likely that you see your flaws and magnify them when others do not even register them as flaws.

Advice from me is to take one or two of your friends that wear clothes that you believe are fashionable and sensible shopping with you. Make a resolve that you will go home with no less than 2 items. Allow your friends to encourage you and assist you with your clothing choices. Then, actually wear said clothes.... :tongue: Maybe even wear them home from shopping just to get comfortable in them.

Probably not what you expected, but that's all I got...

Cheers!
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    I say wear shorter skirts and dresses, and shorts if you want to. Having bigger calves doesn't mean you should hide them and shorter clothing isn't reserved for "skinny" women.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    This? its cooled from the side. Problem solved.

slutty-dresses-image-5-863679643.jpg
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    This? its cooled from the side. Problem solved.

slutty-dresses-image-5-863679643.jpg

+1

Hahahahaha!!:laugh:
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Thank you so much for your response!! I appreciate your kind words.