New here and looking for buddies

Options
Hey I'm new to MFP and a new mom. Before I found out I was pregnant I was only 10 lbs away from my goal! Now that I got the O.K. from my doctor to start losing the "baby weight" I'm a mom on a mission. I gained too much weight during my pregnancy, but my doctor has been nice about it . I need some tips on working out and fun healthy recipes. I love veggies (at least that's what I keep telling myself.) :happy: But pizza and I have a love/hate relationship. I love it, but it hates my hips. So that's why I'm here I need some support

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends too!! Welcome!! Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Been here less than a month myself and LOVE IT!!!! :drinker:

Welcome and enjoy :-):flowerforyou:

The support is amazing and I'm sure MFP is why I'm sticking to it!!!!

Good luck (friend request done!) :blushing:
  • jamiekulik
    Options
    I just joined too..feel free to add me :)
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    Welcome to MFP today is day 42 for me!!! I will be your friend! I do live feed more then message boards but i go there some to!! Hope to get to know you well on your Journey to a New LIFE!!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
  • BNCordell
    Options
    I'm about 5 days into it. My son is 22 months and it originally took me about a year to loose all the baby weight...then my dad got sick and I gained the majority of it back. My friend/co-worker introduced me to this website and so far I've been loving it. First day was the hardest but it keeps me responsible and aware of what and how much I'm eating. Feel free to friend request me, I can use all the support I can get!
  • alebalestra
    alebalestra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I start every meal eating a big bol of salad (lettuce, spinach, beet greens, tomato, strawberries, pecans (3)) I use the Pyrex bol, the bigger one, at lunch and dinner. Then I add chicken, or ttuna (I love tuna in Olive oil from Traders Joe), or Salmon. I prepared all my food at home. I am professor at the university, and Monday, Tuesday and Thursday I am finishing my classes at 10 PM, I arrive to my home around 11 PM and prepare salad, and the rest of the food. It takes me 5 minutes, and I eat healthy.

I stoped to eat bread (I am from Argentina, and we eat a lot of French bread in my country, because of our Mediterranean diet) every day, I am eating two slices of French bread once every two weeks.

For breakfast, I am eating oat (Traders Joe Organic Oat), 1/4 cup, three pecans or almonds or walnuts, 1/2 cup of soy milk, and a fruit (banana or strawberries).

With this application I realized that I am eating just a few fat, cholesterol. Also, I realized that I need more potassium, I always have cramps and now I read that the cramps can be a lack of potassium, so I added potassium to my diet.

I also always have yogurt (Greek yogurt), and celery or carrots as snacks, or a fruit. And, because of I am from Argentina, I dring mate, it is kind of tea, and it gives me Iron and I feel not hungry.

I am doing "zumba" at the gym three times a week, one hour each time, plus some walks with my dog, and cleaning my house once a week, but a deep clean, I am cleaning windows, bathrooms, vacum, mop the floors (I am expending one hour and a half per week to clean my condo, and burn 250 calories, just cleaning the house!)

I already lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks, my goal is 2 pounds per week.

Keep in the diet and you will lose a lot of weight.

Good luck.

Alejandra
  • brewer_gal
    Options
    I had a very similiar story with being near or finally at a goal weight and getting pregnant, good luck, it works!

Nikki (feel free to add me too)
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to MFP and a new mom. Before I found out I was pregnant I was only 10 lbs away from my goal! Now that I got the O.K. from my doctor to start losing the "baby weight" I'm a mom on a mission. I gained too much weight during my pregnancy, but my doctor has been nice about it . I need some tips on working out and fun healthy recipes. I love veggies (at least that's what I keep telling myself.) :happy: But pizza and I have a love/hate relationship. I love it, but it hates my hips. So that's why I'm here I need some support

Welcome!!! I have been here about 2 weeks. I LOVE MFP. I have become obsessed with logging everything and reading the posts.

Sending friend request.

Good luck with goal.
  • amoore1227
    amoore1227 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom on a mission too! I started walking and worked my way up to jogging a mile a day slowly over the summer. Then I joined mfp a month ago and started tracking my meals and exercise. I lost 6 lbs the first month! And I only exercise 15 to 20 min per day. Good luck! Add me as a friend and we can support each other.
  • connorangelus
    Options
    i am new here as well 15 days loving it feel free to add me