Training to run 1/2 Marathon!

BNCordell
BNCordell Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I'm on day 5 of MFP and so far love it. However, I definitely need support to make it thru to next year. My husbands cousin trained and recently ran a 1/2 marathon (roughly 13miles) and she has really inspired me to train for next years marathon. I've never been that good of a runner so I am open to suggestions! My second goal is to loose 20lbs. I have a very busy lifestyle...work full time, take care of husband and 22mth old son and the responsibilites of helping take care of my recently widowed mother.
Lastly, if you are in Oregon...more specificially Eugene/Springfield area I would love to get a group of people together to work out!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your training.
  • Welcome to MFP and thanks for the friends request!! Good luck on your 1/2 Marathon hun I hope to one day be able to run so I can do some kind of Marathon but in the shape I am in 30min of running in place I get so winded I cant move lol so I will be glad to Motivate you GET Off you butt and train lol ok so maybe not that harsh!!! lol OK OK welcome!
  • Hi, I ran a half marathon 2 years ago. 1st suggestion, make sure you go get fit at a running store for shoes. 2nd if you are trying to lose weight, be aware and track what you are eating and burning for training. I didn't do that and had the mentality that I need to consume more to have the energy for the runs (especially as the distances get longer). That half marathon was actally the start to me gaining about 40 pounds. You will do great, just think about this at the start. It's an amazing accomplishment. Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.