Walked 5 miles - woo hoo!!!!!

Options
So yesterday I had a fight with my daughter and was completely upset -and instead of thinking about food I thought I am going to walk and focused on getting up this morning and walking 5 miles. I have been walking 3 - 3.5 miles most mornings but never more. We have a trail that is 5 miles long around an airport - so once you pass the 2.5 mile marker there is no turning back and your walking the 5 miles ( no shortcuts). Well I just got back and I did it!! It took me 83 minutes and I feel very great. As far as my daughter goes it is an ongoing battle (she is an addict) and she has problems that I can no longer help her with except to give her support. I also decided during my 5 mile walk to start going to AL-Anon meetings. I am finding that walking is a GREAT stress reliever and I just love being outside. Thanks for listening to me.

Replies

• bellanean
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your daughter but great way to release the stress! Awesome job on the 5 miles!!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    sorry about the fight, but well done on the 5 miles
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Way to go on taking care of yourself and not being co-dependent! My brother is a recovering alcoholic and addict who just got his 18-month chip after 15 long years of using, trying to quit and relapses. It wouldn't have happened if each member of our family hadn't decided to take care of ourselves, and Al-Anon was a big part of it. Hang in there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!