Having one of those days....again.....

sim247
sim247 Posts: 354
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am getting so fed up at the moment with my lack of weight loss. I exercise where I can and eat within my cals most days but it just isn't coming off! It's frustrating when I am trying so hard and see little or no reward.

I also have another problem. I plan my days food out in advance and put a lot of thought into it. I'll normally have breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and have a snack before I go to bed. So I do all this within my calorie allowance. And then my boyfriend comes home from work and is hungry and eats things that are high in calories or he'll go to mcdonalds drive thru for a burger and I find it very hard to say no! I give in too easily to temptation and I don't know what to do to stop this. It should be easy to say no but it isn't and I am fighting a losing battle while I am in this vicious circle! I just don't know what to do because I have been on and off a diet for the last 20 years and I want to get to where I want to be once and for all!

Why is this so hard for me?

Replies

• sally125
    sally125 Posts: 40 Member
    I think it is hard for a lot of people myself including. I am trying to accept that it is a choice I have to make each and everyday and some days I make bad choices and I remind myself to make a better choice the next day. If you really are staying within your cals and exercising maybe a trip to your doctor to make sure you are eating enough or that it isn't something else all together.

Don't give up and you will find your way to where you want to be.

Good luck.
  • sounds like your boyfriend is sabotaging you. even if he doesnt mean to be you need to have a talk with him about it. sit him down and tell him "stop it. i'm trying to lose weight, you know it. and i'm not losing any because i keep over eating with you." frame it in a way that doesnt make it that you're mad at him or that you dont want to eat things with him anymore, just that maybe you guys can find some places other than mcdonald's that maybe have a low calorie option that you could get, but also still have something higher calorie for him if thats what he wants. try and compromise with him. guy's can be pretty understanding when you say things in a nice, not blaming them kind of way.

good luck and i hope you start losing soon! i know how that feels i'm on a plateau too!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    I agree, this is hard for everyone. Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do this!!! Temptation is just that...temptation. I am finding that once I start saying "no" it gets easier the next time. You need to take that first step and just say no.

Yesterday we had a fund raiser at work, everyone brought in food for a cookout, desserts included. I was taking the money for food, desserts sitting right next to me:sick: . I just kept looking at them (wanting so bad to buy one, especially the peanut butter cake), but told myself "it will put you over your calories for the DAY and you won't be able to have your snacks later." It worked pretty good (did eat a pea sized piece of cookie while putting in baggies:embarassed: ).

Take it one day at a time!!!
  • sim247
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I will talk to my boyfriend as I am not losing weight with how things are at the moment. There are a lot of things that I can do to change so I am going to have a long hard think about what I can do to get to where I want to be!
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Hey, don't be so hard on yourself.....i'm with you on it being hard...but we will suceed.

I lol when i read your post as i had exactly the same happen to me tonight. I had made pasta and meatballs for my hubby and kids but decided that i didn't want to have all those calories (even though italian is my favourite :-() so i made myself a low calorie dinner but sat down to eat with them.....they had doughballs with garlic butter and they smelt delicious but i was being strong and ate my own meal ....when there was a couple left my husband said "do you want these?" aaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! the willpower was severely challenged but i managed to say to him "please don't ask me as it's really hard to say no!" I had managed to ignore them while i thought it was their tea but once you get the option of it being yours it's different and becomes hard to say no....i think i feel rude saying no ;-)

Maybe you should use this approach with your Boyfriend? ask him not to ask you if you want a maconalds or a high calorie snack....if he just goes for himself or gets it before he gets to you, then you don't get the option......it may be easier not to ask?

Chin up chuck.....we can do it :bigsmile:
  • sim247
    SJT75 - You are soooo great because you had the willpower to say NO and I haven't! Just having a bad couple of days and feeling sorry for myself and the way things are going for me. Tomorrow is a new day....god help me, it's the boyfriends day off!!!!

I must add of course that I love him dearly!
This discussion has been closed.