Gaining weight is killing my motivation

Options
I am on day 6 of T25, I have gotten the vita packs from gnc along with the total lean meal replacement. I know that muscle weighs more but I am very unhappy that I am just gaining weight. I need support and a motivational buddy to help keep me motivated and on track and I am looking to do the same.. I want to do this 5k obstacle course in june PLEASE HELP. Also I am looking to lose 70 to 80 pounds altogether. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. A pound is a pound. But weight loss is not linear. Weight fluctuates day to day & throughout the day. Weigh less often, and use additional metrics like measurements & photos.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You are not gaining muscle in 6 days of T25. How much weight are you talking about? It's most likely water retention that comes with the start of a new exercise program.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a deficit? If so, its unlikely that your "gaining" real weight. Its most likely water retention or some other normal fluctuations. Are you weighing and measuring all of your foods, to ensure that your logging properly?
  • mikecole2014
    Options
    With the vita packs it take a couple weeks to start working as long as you stay active. I know just how you feel , you got this keep pushing
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. A pound is a pound. But weight loss is not linear. Weight fluctuates day to day & throughout the day. Weigh less often, and use additional metrics like measurements & photos.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    ^ This
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    You are not gaining muscle in 6 days of T25. How much weight are you talking about? It's most likely water retention that comes with the start of a new exercise program.
    ^ And this
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I don't lose every week and my weight goes up and down 3lbs or so just in fluid. Some weeks I gain (when I eat to much so it is a real gain) and it comes back off slowly. TOM makes a difference. I continue to weigh frequently but constantly remind myself to look at the *monthly* trend because that is where I see progress. Might be slower than I like but it is a weight loss and if I quit it turns into a weight gain.

Hang in there!
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure she means that per unit volume, muscle weighs more than fat. ie one cubic foot of muscle weights more than one cubic foot of fat.