FAT CLOTHS- do I get rid of them?

Options

Replies

• pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have one and only one pair of jeans from my highest size of 28. When I feel like a failure, I pull those jeans out and can fit both of my legs in one leg of those jeans. Donate the rest to a women's shelter!

Love this answer.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. All items, (all but one suit that I am taking to the tailors), are in the back of my car in bags for the nearest goodwill. I must lose weight to avoid back surgery so what was I thinking?!
    Thanks for setting me straight, for the encouragement, and insights and support.

clap, clap, clap. So proud of you!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i have gotten rid of a mountain of clothes in all sizes from 24-32. it feels good to do it. i know i will not let myself ever go back to where i was.
  • naguilar210
    Options
    OMG get rid of the clothes!!!
    I was holding onto them after losing about 50 pounds, even WEARING some of them, securing them with safety pins, binder clips, you name it.
    When I saw that bag full of clothes that I couldnt wear anymore, it was the best feeling in the world!!!!
  • cksongbird
    Options
    It is my opinion that giving clothes away that don't fit is better for everyone. Personally getting rid of my size 16s (lost 40 before I join this site) is a sign of my commitment to me and my health.:flowerforyou:
  • SaveTheDrama
    Options
    Get rid of them!!!! I donated some of mine to a local charity for abused women and children. It helped me because they were gone and would not have bigger sizes to fall back on and it also made me feel good because I was helping out others. The clothes that were in bad shape I burned along with some pictures of me at my heaviest. I guess to me it symbolized saying goodbye to the old me for good.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    donate them.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? Getting rid of clothes that don't fit is the ONLY thing that has prevented a second relapse. Every month I comb the closet and drawers (I have lots of clothes, long story) and fill the donation bags with things that don't fit.
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    burn em....burn them all....!!!! Do it in the street for the world to see....!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Yes get rid of ALL your big clothes. So there is no option to go back to what you were without having to spend money. It's a great way to notice the slight gains since the only clothes you have are what fits you so you can correct it without having to buy a new wardrobe.

All my clothes are fitted and if I gain 5lbs it's very noticeable. but I refuse to buy bigger clothes so I have to step my game up and lose that so I can keep wearing my cute fitted clothes
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    yep get rid of them and donate them, you're losing your excess baggage! that includes things that you've outgrown. Plus your home will feel a lot lighter.
  • tater8589
    Options
    I have always been told you get rid of them, that way you work harder to stay smaller. If you have them, then its easier to go back to them.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Keep one pair of pants and GET RID OF THE REST!!! You are going to have so much fun jumping into the big size pants after you lose all your weight! And of course, take a picture!:bigsmile:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    burn em....burn them all....!!!! Do it in the street for the world to see....!!!

That's tooooo funny! :laugh: I needed a good laugh! :bigsmile: THANKS!:flowerforyou:
  • Loisandrev
    Options
    YES get rid of them. COMMIT to not going back!!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Since I have gained and lost before I would say keep them. I am glad I kept my bigger jeans because after my 2nd child I had some clothes that fit. I mean my jeans were not an excuse to fail or whatever they are just clothes. I vote pack them up and store them away, if you are like me and plan more children then they can come in handy, if not sell them to buy new smaller ones.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    Options
    Get rid of them. Take them to Goodwill or Salvation Army there is someone out there that needs them more than you. I didn't keep one thing when I lost wieght. Keep up the good work!
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them!!!! I can't wait to be able to get rid of mine!
  • bigred727
    Options
    you can do anything you put your mind to... if your mind is on getting into shape... then thats what will happen... when i lost my weight i lost 65 pounds, i got rid of everything exept 1 pair of pants to remind me of how far i have come... i was a 46, now i can fit into a 36-38... but i have that 1 pair of pants to remind me of why im still going, and what iv achieved... i would get rid of them, thats my opinion...
  • cattymiss
    Options
    GET RID OF THEM! THEY ARE NO LONGER YOURS, I WOULD DONATE MINE SO SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAN;T AFFORD TO BUY THEM COULD GET SOME USE. WOMENS CRISIS CENTERS ARE VERY GOOD PLACES TO DONATE TO. WTG, I CAN'T WAIT TO SAY I LOST 25 LBS.