Food Issues

Options
Megan101792
Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
Hey everyone, I'm just needing some help with what to eat now. My doctor is about 80% sure that my gluten sensitivity is now an allergy, or I'm very close to it being an allergy. On top of that, doc says that the other flours I could use without gluten in it could cause havoc on my system due to just how my stomach and intestines absorb nutrients. I've brought the books to help, and I have plenty of resources around me that I can get the food I need for my issues, but now knowing that I have to completely get rid of the food, instead of limit, that are my weaknesses is making life hard now. If you can que me into other resources or share your experiences if you have same issues, I would appreciate it.

Replies

• fluffyfour
    fluffyfour Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a friend with the same issue. She also found it tough at first, but after a while it became second nature. She also became intolerant to cornflour and oats over time, and had a slight lactose intolerance!.

Fruit,vegetables and meat were all ok. She used to eat Rice Cakes a lot, and did some amazing things with potatoes, including freezing thin rosti cakes as quick snacks.

Try this site for lots more ideas. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/diets/gluten_free

Oh and she went down 3 dress sizes over 3 years!
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Thanks.