Tattoo Removal

Options
KatieMae75
KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
Anyone here ever had laser removal of a tattoo? I have 2 tattoos on my back that I want gone (they are side by side) because..well...they suck, I made poor artist choices. I haven't decided if I want to have them covered up, or if I want them removed. I'm seeing a couple of different options for laser removal, one saying 5-15 treatments, one saying 2-4. If you've had one removed, can you tell me about your experience? How old was it, what colors were in it, and did the treatment work well? It seems age and color makes quite a difference in the results. Mine are 20 years old with a lot of black, blue, and green

Replies

• TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to do a cover up... go that route. I love all of my tats but a few of my friends have had them removed and they say its much worse than getting the tattoos.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Get them covered. When I do get tattoos, I know what I'm getting and who's doing them at the place I want them done at.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Rid-of-Unwanted-Tattoos.jpg

It looks like there was quite an age difference in his first and last picture and he has pretty good results. Hopefully you'll get lucky too. (:
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It depends on the colors. Some colors take longer to remove. I had a tattoo on my chest that I was having lasered. After 5 treatments it was only halfway gone. It is actually more painful having it lasered off than it was having it put on. Eventually I just tattooed over it with a new one instead. If you really want it off it will eventually come off..just be prepared for a lengthy process.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Rid-of-Unwanted-Tattoos.jpg

It looks like there was quite an age difference in his first and last picture and he has pretty good results. Hopefully you'll get lucky too. (:

The ability to smile is apparently correlated to having tattoos.
    (That's pretty darn amazing that he removed all that, talk about pain)
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input you all! I expect that the pain level would be greater than that of getting the tattoo, but I honestly didn't find any of the 4 I have very painful. It's a tough decision. I do want another one, and I know what I'm getting, but the two I want to get rid of aren't where I want the new one placed. So, get the one I want to cover these where I don't want it, or go through a horrible process to get rid of these two and put the new one where I want it (down my side). I'm looking at a newer procedure done with something called Picosure, it's supposed to be fewer treatments and better results, but it looks like the healing process is the agonizing part.