Pregnant and still rocking it (but need motivation)

Options
Loluka88
Loluka88 Posts: 38 Member
So as the title says I'm pregnant but I'm still actively trying to lose weight. Now before anyone sends me angry PMs or tries to scold me, my doctor knows about this and is ok with it. I have so much extra weight that losing some (even while pregnant) will NOT hurt the baby or myself. The Doc said as long as I'm not overdoing it with exercise or depriving my body of nutrition that it'll be fine.

Now after that little disclaimer I'm looking for active friends. I log pretty much every single day and try to be fairly active. I'm not super vocal but that's something I'm hoping to change. I've got 80ish lbs to lose to reach my goal weight. I'm currently trying to lose 1 lb a week but I don't think that's going to happen until I push this kid out of my gut. If I'm not able to lose 1 lb a week I still want to lose something, even if it's only 0.1 lbs a week.

Replies

• Rachel_Virginia_
    Rachel_Virginia_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have got to say i wish i was more active during my pregnancy. I went from 113lbs to 186 the day i delivered and now im trying to lose all the unnecesary weight i gained during my pregnancy. So good luck.
  • Loluka88
    Loluka88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have got to say i wish i was more active during my pregnancy. I went from 113lbs to 186 the day i delivered and now im trying to lose all the unnecesary weight i gained during my pregnancy. So good luck.

I hear ya. This is my second and with my first I gained 65 lbs. I had the stupid mindset of "I'm eating for two!" and really went with it. I'm still trying to lose that baby weight as well as make sure I don't gain any with this one.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I read an article from a study completed summer of 2013 that if a woman is obese, its recommended she gain no weight or less than 8 lbs during pregnancy. Apparently there is such a high risk of preclamsia, gestational diabetes and edema, that the benefits outweigh the risk. They say that as long as the mother doesn't have an increase of blood ketones she should be fine. And they are finding good outcomes in the newborns. I'm trying to net 1800 calories, but figure if somedays I get up to 2000 thats okay too.

Currently I'm 220lbs and 5'3"....I think thats a 34 BMI. Obese is 32, I think.