Logging "tastes" and "nibbles"-how do you calculate it?

cardbucfan
cardbucfan Posts: 10,559 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Not sure if this is the right forum, but when I cook, I am a taster to make certain the seasonings are good, things are done properly, etc. Obviously these are calories I am consuming but I don't know how to calculate how many they are or the portion size. How should I enter these things? I try to leave room in my daily calories consumption for things like this but I have days where I eat every bite of my calories and don't want to sabotage myself. Thoughts? Suggestions? (i'm off to make dinner now and I know I'll be testing the sauce!)

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    You can always add a little extra when you log your dinner (so if you ate a serving of sauce, log it as 1.1 or 1.2 servings, depending on how much you feel you sampled) . This is assuming that you're going to be eating what it is you're sampling. I'm sure there will be other ideas too.
  • I like to do the same thing:). I also like to try bites of what my family ordered when we eat out. I try to estimate calories (really approximate) and use the 'quick calories' to add it in. That way you can see how many calories you have left, and you won't go over as often.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I like to do the same thing:). I also like to try bites of what my family ordered when we eat out. I try to estimate calories (really approximate) and use the 'quick calories' to add it in. That way you can see how many calories you have left, and you won't go over as often.

I almost posted this suggestion... but I'm kind of picky and want to see the breakdown of protein/fat/carbs, and when you use quick-add, it only shows the calories, not the breakdown. If you're not bothered by that, this would probably be the easiest solution!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,559 Member
    I think I like the idea of saying I had 1.1 servings of something rather than trying to figure out how much 2 tablespoons is! I haven't figured out the quick calorie thing yet, I think I'm too into the breakdown of stuff. Thanks for the tips.
This discussion has been closed.