NEW to MFP + 30 Day Shred for the Heavier Person

Hi i am new to all this but i'm looking for advice on whether 30 Day Shred would be any good for someone like myself (about 17st), has anyone who is quite heavy to start with done this and achieved decent results?

I know either way it will work and do something but i just wanted to know if it would be worth it or whether there is something else which would be better.

Replies

• LHD95
    LHD95 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't see why not. I would recommend taking it at your own pace - at least that's what I like to do. In my opinion, Jillian Michael's workouts are generally tough for me but I guess that's why you can expect maximum results.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    I was actually 17st when I started out here and the 30 DS was a really good starting point for me. It gets you started out in phases so by the time the third phase kicks in, you are surprised how much fitter you can become. This led to more and varied videos for me, then jogging, then running, then going to the gym. Now, I lift heavy, run, walk etc... and I must say, I am glad I did the 30DS all those years ago:)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 604 Member
    I'm not sure how much 17st is but I'm 223 lbs and I just finished day 2 of 30DS. There is a modified version of the exercises you can do until you get better at them. I noticed a huge improvement in my cardio endurance between the 1st and 2nd time I did it. Do as much as you can, with as little breaks as possible. As you do it more, you will be able to keep up more. It is doable for sure no matter what your size/weight. Do level 1 as many times as you need to until it gets easy, then move on. There is no time limit for moving up levels. I think it is an excellent DVD for anyone who wants to lose fat and tone muscle.
  • meikle91
    meikle91 Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks for all your comments. I have given level one a go before and found it good, i did struggle a little but managed to keep up, but only done it once because it was originally for my partner as i was going to the gym. I have been going to the gym up until the last couple of weeks at a gym near work, but due to my car breaking i've been relying on lifts in as there in no transport to the estate early enough to go then walk to work i haven't been for two weeks. So i've been struggling to find the time which was hard to find in the first place, so i thought i'd give the home work out a go. Why not hey? Everyone seems to rave about them but never done it myself. Although i'm 17st i do not feel it, as when i was working out before i played football 2 nights, circuit trained one, and went to the gym and swam the other 3, initially i dropped to 13st 3 by dieting but i soon went to 14st although i looked fitter at 14st than i ever have, and i have always been heavy since a young age.