Stupid Q's Please Help :)

Options
Hi All,

I calorie counted awhile ago but then I had a fair few family issues which resulted in me not sticking to any diet or exercise.

I'm back on the right road now and although I only have half a stone I would like to loose I mainly now wish to tone up.

However, excuse me for been a bit thick but I have used the Harris Benedict equation to work out my BMR and calorie needs, my information is as follows;

BMR = 1331

Daily Calorie Needs = BMR x 1.55 - I Go to the gym 3 - 5 times per week and work at a high intensity level on cardio for approx 45 mins would you agree with using the moderately calculation? My day job is sat at a desk all day :(

If I have done the correct equation my daily calorie needs are 2063

Which daily would work out to 1563 to lose 1lb per week (x7 = 14441 - 3500 = 10941 / 7 = 1563)

Now, my stupid question is if I eat 1563 calories and burn 400 calories at the gym, should I be eating back those 400 calories or not? I'm a bit scared to be eating 1963 in case I end up gaining weight.....

Please help and please also advise if you think I have calculated my calorie needs too high / too low based on the Harris Benedict equation.

What exercise would you recommend to lose this last half a stone and tone up showing nice definition?

Thank you.

Regards
MrsT

Replies