Last film you paid to see MORE THAN ONCE in a theater?

Options

Replies

• majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The Da Vinci Code, 9 times I think it was. Might have been 8. I know it was too many really but I enjoyed it.
    I probably wouldn't do it now purely because it's that much more expensive to see a movie. I have no problem paying to see something multiple times if it's good though.

Most other films I've seen multiple times have only been 2 or 3 times. Most of those were the Saw films, which I saw as many times as the number sequel it was (So I saw II twice, III three times etc.) I stopped at Saw VI though as that was an awful film.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    the Lego movie

because I have kids who insisted and the 80s kid in me couldn't see any reason *not to* see it twice..... they also made me watch Frozen twice because the little one chose to see it again for her 4th birthday treat.

last adults movies: Thor: the dark word and The Hobbit: desolation of smaug. because I like that kind of movie. And Thor = eye candy. And I'm thinking of seeing 300: rise of an empire again because it's really good and i like that kind of movie. oh yeah, and eye candy. Lots of eye candy. Love them Greeks fighting in such minimalist attire.... :love:
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the movie theater very often and rarely see the same movie there twice. I usually rent them or now Netflix them. But...

In high school, a bunch of my girl friends and I went to see Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. A week or 2 later, my sister's school (she was still in grade school) had a day off, so my mom took her and a bunch of her friends to see it during the day, for her birthday. I happened to be home sick from school and mom let me go with them. So, technically, I didn't pay for the 2nd time, but it counts.

BTW... Bill and Ted's... don't judge me.
  • dandaman93
    Options
    The Avengers. I saw it three times in the same week at the movie theater.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I rarely see films more than once in a theater (though there are a lot I've seen more than once) I still see about 50 films a year at the theater (more if I take vacation and go to TIFF then the number goes up by 30 or so more)
    The last Film I saw in a theater that I've seen in a theater more than once was Lawrence of Arabia - the latest restored print which played a couple of months back. I've seen this film in a theatre probably 6 or 7 times and at home easily as many again. It's probably in my top 10 all time favourite films.
    I will also see a number of films I see at TIFF a second time in a theatre because in many cases they have seen some fine tuning after the festival - I never go to big Hollywood mainstream stuff at TIFF it'll be out anyway (and cheaper then)
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    All of the LOTR movies
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jurassic Park
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    TItanic..kept hoping Kate would not be such a selfish biitch and not let Jack die. SHE KILLED HIM!

I agree.... completely! LOL

Firsr movie I ever paid to see more than once at the theater was Heart and Souls... others include Titanic, Forrest Gump, The Lord of the Rings movies and Practical Magic
  • bloozen
    bloozen Posts: 131
    Options
    Avengers, because I'm classy
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Avengers. Though I recently saw Frozen twice in theaters but we'd PAID to see 300 the second time and slipped in to see Frozen >_>
  • ronertseveen
    Options
    Rocky Horror
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The Lion King. The first time the movie reel broke, so I had a free ticket for the second time. During the viewing of the second time, I went alone, and was hit on by two much older boys (I was 17 at the time) and it scared me a little, so I left early. Finally got to see it all the way through on the third try.
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Senna, great documentary but just as sad second time around :frown:
  • wyldecane
    wyldecane Posts: 43
    Options
    The Dark Knight
  • jaime0007
    jaime0007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Departed. Saw it twice.
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I watched it 3 times and cried each time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Slumdog Millionaire and Juno are the two I can remember in recent(ish) history. I can't recall which of those was more recent. In both cases I went out of town with my best friend to a larger city where the movies opened earlier than in my city, and then went to see the films when they arrived here several weeks or a couple of months later with different friends.

I think I saw Half Baked and the Wedding Singer in theaters at least 4-6 times each, although several of those were at the second run $1 theater. That was in my collegiate pot smoking days :-D
  • matthew67899
    matthew67899 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Forrest Gump - The first and ONLY movie that I've ever gone to see twice. Went with the same friend both times too. We found ourselves laughing at things the second time around that others around us weren't because we hadn't caught the humor the first time we saw the scene. That movie is an absolute masterpiece.
  • Mr_Dumas
    Mr_Dumas Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Jurassic Park. Watching a laywer getting eaten by a dinosaur while doing his business....nothing better than that.