having trouble curbing my appetite

Options
I eat a normal size plate with smaller portions, but it looks like a ton of food, unfortunately i am still hungry. How long will it take for this to change does anyone know, I don't think walking around hungry will help...

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I eat a normal size plate with smaller portions, but it looks like a ton of food, unfortunately i am still hungry. How long will it take for this to change does anyone know, I don't think walking around hungry will help...

Alcohol. Alcohol is your problem.
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    it is a negative yes, but i don't think that is effecting me being hungry after i eat.
  • jamesisaac108
    Options
    If you're hungry, then eat. Fresh fruit or vegetables will do the trick. Eat those anytime 20 or 30 minutes after you at your mind will register that you aren't hungry anymore.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a few days but you don't seem to hit your protein goal often. Protein tends to make you feel fuller for longer than carbs do. Not saying you need to change your goals or anything just try hitting your target for protein and see if that helps.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I was just starting my internist recommended a SMALL handful of unsalted raw nuts as a treat after supper. The cobo of protein and fat may help you to feel more satisfied. Be sure to measure and record if you try this.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options

You are using up your calorie allotment on liquids (soda or alcohol) and carbs. Neither of which will help you feel full for very long. Focus on your protein and fats, lower your carb intake and you'll feel fuller. NOTE: I am not saying go "low carb" or to cut them out but back off on those and make sure you are hitting your other macros.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    and not just any carb--aim for carbs rich in fiber
  • p_s1984
    p_s1984 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sorry hun. Not enough protein. I see you like carbs like me, but you need more protein sources like greek yogurt, egg whites, broccoli, raw nuts etc.....replacing some of your carb intake with protein will really help your appetite :)
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Protein and green tea!!
  • motivatedkarma
    Options
    Thanks for all the advised, def going to be raising my protein.
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I bet if you just cut all drinks with calories and replaced those with water (and drank a bunch more water, probably) you could put those calories into protein sources and feel stuffed everyday.

I gotta say, the 900+ cal rum and orange juice cocktails are gonna hurt your progress, though.

I'm guessing with the Chuck E. Cheese visit you have kids. I know, it stinks to watch everyone else eat pizza and cake and not eat it. I noticed you like those Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles. If you bring one with you to Chuck E. Cheese's and have it instead of the cake for desert you get an extra 255 calories to put into a nice protein snack. Also, if you get a salad first (a big, honking one with almost all green leafy veggies and virtually no dressing) then maybe 1 slice of pizza will be enough. That's another 250 calories you can eat later (allotting a HUGE 80 calories to the salad).

I don't know about anyone else, but for me there are two major things which curb my appetite:

1. Set my macros right
    2. Don't eat extremely energy dense foods

Mostly this means play with the percentages making sure you hit what you aim for so you know whether it's working right for you (within healthy reason), and eating a lot of stuff that's not pre-prepared (or made with pre-prepared ingredients).
  • motivatedkarma
    Options
    Thanks i have only really been counting calories. so i am really glad i posted this and everyone is so helpful.... setting up new goals protein. :happy:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water before you eat. Also, slow down the pace of your eating to give the satiety hormones time to kick in.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza & cereal & a few apples
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    For me I have cup of white rice with a cup of meat/veggies and that satisfies me. They key I've learned is as long as you add some lean healthy protein (meat) to your dinner it helps quell your apatite. Just make sure to measure your protein in moderation.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else said!

I will say...if you go to Chuck E. Cheese, I totally get needing to drink. LOL.
  • cutiepie9447
    cutiepie9447 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's important to take all your macro's into consideration...sometimes this can be tricky! When I try to get in more protein, I usually go over in sodium...etc

It takes lot's of trial and error and experimenting to find out what does and doesn't work for you

P.S. I have had several days the past few months where I have drank over 1,200 calories in wine in one sitting...I'm still losing :)
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Vegetables help to fill you up. I agree about protein, am working on that myself.
  • iw2198
    iw2198 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't walk around hungry. Im no expert but you should also consider the amount of calories you were eating before you started here. My first goal was 3030 calories/day but i lowered it a bit, but i think i was eating 3500 - 4000 calories a day but it was a lot of junk. When i started I was snacking myself to to the limit. then I watched what i ate. meaning I cut down my portion size which was a big help for me. Then as I logged my food here I was noticing that some things were a lot of calories but didn't fill me up, aka taco bell. So I don't eat it anymore. I also try to eat more veggies when i can. Im also vey active because of my job so that helps me. Just start small. Make real changes and don't stress too much about the numbers at first. Don't ignore them but as your making changes don't beat yourself up either. At least thats what I'm doing and its working. I hope thats helps
  • motivatedkarma
    Options
    lol exactly lol