What do you eat when you need calories, but aren't hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for door number three. Just like when I eat more when I am hungry, I allow myself to eat less when I am not.( As long as you are healthy and not diabetic or something else that requires meal timing.) When you return to normal health, you will feel ready to eat and then some.

This is my outlook on it also... I do not eat when I am not hungry. I don't worry about shortages calorie wise. Eating when I wasn't hungry is what made me fat to begin with.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a great way to pack in calories with little effort. Good mix of protein/fat in them too.

This x1000
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You only have to worry if you are eating way too little for around 3 days or more up till then It's not a big issue if you can't really eat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question. Unless I'm very sick, I'm never not hungry for chocolate or ice cream.
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    I agree with the protein shakes... :) Praying that you feel better soon ...
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    I never get sick, but when I'm not craving something (yet I'm hungry) I'll go for oatmeal and granola bars. Bread and something like sweet potato, squash... Yogurt/pudding and fruit. Lightly salted crackers. These all have pretty mellow flavors and textures so you're not left feeling queasy.