pumpkin YEAH we have PUMPKIN--recipes

Options
timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO glad to have pumpkin again (for those not in the know....there has been a pumpkin shortage--none available last year)---

Pumpkin pie (without crust as I prefer---if you use crust, you have to add the nutritional value yourself)
Follow instruction on Libby pan except use 1/2 of a 12oz (equals 3/4 c) can fat free evaporated milk and 3/4c skim milk....then use egg beaters instead of the egg (1/2c of the egg beaters), and splenda in place of sugar

makes 8 servings.... cal-53, fat 0 (really 0.25g to be exact), 5g protein, 219g Sodium, and 2g fiber

also don't forget my awesome pumpkin smoothie...... 1/2c each pumpkin, fat free yogurt and skim milk....add any spices you like then add about 7-8 ice cubes (or desired thickness)...and blend....yummo
makes 1 serving (but can devide in half if you just want a quick snack... cal 140 fat 1g protein 12g sodium. 145 fiber 5g

Replies

• danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Definitely going to try the pumpkin smoothie- Yum!
  • amicklin
    Options
    Oh Yes! Pumpkin is one of my favourite foods and I had to hunt like no other just to fine one or two cans. I am so happy to see pumpkin back on the shelves!

It made me smile! I love getting new pumpkin recipes when I can. :)
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie (without crust as I prefer---if you use crust, you have to add the nutritional value yourself)
    Follow instruction on Libby pan except use 1/2 of a 12oz (equals 3/4 c) can fat free evaporated milk and 3/4c skim milk....then use egg beaters instead of the egg (1/2c of the egg beaters), and splenda in place of sugar

makes 8 servings.... cal-53, fat 0 (really 0.25g to be exact), 5g protein, 219g Sodium, and 2g fiber

also don't forget my awesome pumpkin smoothie...... 1/2c each pumpkin, fat free yogurt and skim milk....add any spices you like then add about 7-8 ice cubes (or desired thickness)...and blend....yummo
    makes 1 serving (but can devide in half if you just want a quick snack... cal 140 fat 1g protein 12g sodium. 145 fiber 5g

I love you for these recipes!!!! Pumpkin pie is my FAVORITE :flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Here are a couple of my favorite pumpkin recipes (the first one is not terribly healthy, but very yummy)

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups all-purpose flour
    3 Tbsp. brown sugar
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp allspice
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups milk
    1 cup canned pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin)
    1 egg
    2 Tbsp vegetable oil
    2 Tbsp vinegar

Mix the wet ingredients and stir. Combine the dry ingredients and stir into the wet just until combined. If batter is too thick, add more milk. Make as normal pancakes. Serves 4.

PUMPKIN SOUP

1 large onion
    Little bit of butter to sauté onion
    1 t curry
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 potato chopped
    2 lbs pumpkin (I have found over the years it’s best to boil and then remove skin otherwise you will have slightly hard bits in the soup)
    1 clove garlic
    1 t sugar (I have used as much as a cup and it tastes like pumpkin pie)
    Nutmeg (just a sprinkle)
    3-4 cups chicken stock (you can use vegetable without issue)
    1 can evaported milk
    1 bay leaf

Sauté onion in butter until soft. Add curry. Add all other ingredients and boil until soft. Place all in a blender* (I use vitamix) and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can substitute a can of pumpkin for the oil & eggs in a chocolate cake. It cuts calories & adds protein, but it does not make the cake taste like pumpkin... :)
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Bumpety bump!!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Did you know that you can substitute a can of pumpkin for the oil & eggs in a chocolate cake. It cuts calories & adds protein, but it does not make the cake taste like pumpkin... :)

THANKS!!!! I am soooo going to try this...and I wouldn't mind if it tasted like pumpkin because I love it so I think maybe if I try it with a white cake mix...it just might taste like pumpkin...MMMMMMM the possibilities are endless...ha!!!!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    someone at wok today told me they just add 3/4 c of canned pumpkin to a regular size tub of fat free cool whip and it makes pumpkin mousse, YUMMO!!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pumpkin!! I'm making a dip tomorrow for work but it's not very diet conscious.... I'll share anyway! (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/little-dipper-pumpkin-pie-dip-recipe.html) It looks fantastic!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yum BUMP!
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OMG try this smoothie. . . 1 frozen banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1 T. butterscotch instant FF/SF pudding, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Put in blender and WOW now I didn't add ice, but I am sure you can you if want. :smile: :smile:
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Sounds like pumpkin custard instead of pie :-) Yum!
  • mistiegayle
    mistiegayle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump