any good reciepes for low carb?

Options
looking to eat something besides salad looking for low carb foods that are good..ant reciepes?

Replies

• kikiflg
    Options
    I feel ya I'm soooo sick of salad. I've been making mashed cauliflower as a mashed potato substitute for a side. It's actually pretty good and my kids even like it.
  • mobiu5
    mobiu5 Posts: 1
    Options

Tuna Patty Melt
    1 Can of Tuna (drained)
    1 Egg White (i use egg beaters)
    1/3 Cup of fat free mozzarella Cheese --(i used best choice)(im cheap)
    1/2 Small Onion (Finely Chopped)
    1 tsp Ground Garlic
    1/2 tsp Pepper

put all ingredients together. form 2 patties. fry in a nonstick pan. ( I like to squish the patties every ounce and awhile as they fry to make sure as much tuna as possible gets good and golden )

216 cals ----only 14 carbs---35g protein 2g fat ----and yes i'm sorry for the sodium... only downfall its like 700..
    its up to you on what to put it on ---salad (lol sorry) ---noodles (yuck carbs) whole wheat bun (yuck more carbs) lol or just eat them alone --can eat both patties for under 250 cals ---not bad...
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i need some low carb- high protein options too .. need to start looking for more options.. i'm getting tired of lettuce and green beans :)

I would say to the previous recipe- easier way to do it- just get a boca burger- it's only 100 kcl , 19 gm of protein.. about 2 gm of fat.. yes it has some sodium - but i'm sure it's less than 700
    i like it ( chopped in a salad . .. yeah i know :) .. or just on a " sendwich thin " 100 kcl/ with.. again.. lot's of salad :)

Please people.. please give us more options

Low carb- high protein

btw- just thought i'd mention it-

muscle milk- chocolate powder / 26 gm of protein 2 gm of carbs .. mix with 1/2 banana and 1 spoon of peanutb.- good snack or breakfast

and the " pure protein bars " also have only 2 gm of sugar !!! I think i can live with those- they can really replace my sweet cravings- but be carefull - one a day should be the limit .. unless you have a " cheat meal " in your week - i have one once a week and than i take 2 of those bars.. always looking forard to that- get so much " chocolate " but only 4 gm of sugar :)