Hi everyone-I'm new to MPF

Options
I am a 52 yr old nurse. I have 100+ lbs to loose. I am making a life change with the help of my Dr. She is teaching me what to eat, how much to eat and why I over eat. I am trying to become healthy. I am learning to become accountable. I found that I have to write everything down that I put in my mouth otherwise I don't realise how much I am eating. I still need to work on a fitness routine. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate your comments. Time schedule is limited. I get bored when walking. Good luck to all.

Replies

• cksongbird
    Options
    I'm not sure I have any suggestions, but we could keep in contact.
  • angelbearfoe
    Options
    I would like that. What are your hobbies. What issues do you stuggle with?
  • kellyshel
    kellyshel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a nurse also! I have lost 55 lbs over the last two years and I know you can do it!! I really enjoy using the exercises on my Wii fit. They are fun and you don't realize that you are exercising lots of the time :) Good luck!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    You might try getting some exercise dvds there are tons of them so you can pick what you like to do, there are also free ones on exercisetv.com You could also go bike riding or get a wii and do wii fit plus or the biggest loser. Youre grandkids would think you were really cool if you had a wii and I am sure they would want to do it with you.........
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you look at the exercise database in here, you'll find all kinds of things that you may already be doing. ie: weeding the flower beds/gardening, house work, etc. You're probably doing some things and don't realize the impact it has on your calorie burn. Plus, this site makes it easy to "write down" everything you put in your mouth. It's easy to see your bottom line at the end of the day. Your goals are reachable - and this site makes it realistic.
  • angelbearfoe
    Options
    Thanks - we have a Wii but not the Wii fit. Is it fun to do?