Birthday Party Recipes

kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Hi Friends!

My baby girll is turning 1 and her party is on October 2nd. We are having a cupcake cake made by a decorator and I am going to allow myself ONE cupcake but I want some healthy dips to eat with veggies and multi-grain tortillas.

I have a refried bean dip that I love but I am looking for maybe a herb dip and a fruit dip.

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    you can make ranch dressing out of non fat greek yogurt and a packet of ranch dip mix. The greek yogurt has the same consistency of sour cream along with the tangy-ness.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    You can take fat free sour cream and add a package of hidden valley ranch. It tastes great with veges.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    i can't promise these are the healthiest suggestions but i love them.

use plain no fat yogurt mixed with honey for fruit or you can try mixing plain non fat yogurt with juice from a quarter orange and some cinamon and you have a great dip for apples. if you want a kid friendly dip make your own flavored yogurt by using plain non fat yogurt with low sugar jelly or preserves. this will give it flavor and color but you control it. i try to go a tablespoon at a time and see where the right flavors hit for me.

for veggies- try hummus from the store. low fat hidden valley ranch is great also. i love seven layer bean dips but i use as much fat free and non fat as i can in the layers. then i limit to 2 tablespoons and at worse 5-10 chips to dip in anything. hope that helps some
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Hi, thanks for responding!

I should have specified that I like made-from-scratch stuff. I'm just not a fan of using a packet of powdered dressing.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/fresh-herb-dip/Detail.aspx

try this whole site. here is one i found and you can sub yogurt for mayo
  • A really good fruit did is a container of ff strawberry cream cheese and a container of ff cool whip. It is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.