Weighing more today..

Options
Hey everyone,
So yesterday I weighed myself at the same time as today and I weighed 55.7, but today I weigh 56.5.
How do I know which one is my real weight? I normally don't weigh myself daily since I have access to a scale only at the weekends.

Replies

• winbig1982
    winbig1982 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That could be due to eating a late dinner or drinking more water, i wouldn't worry, just weigh yourself once a week and take that as your weight, your weight can fluctuate so much in a day xxx
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, but you know there are many reasons to show more on the scale; but is there a reason to actually weighing LESS or is it my actual weight?
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I like to track my weight daily so I can understand the usual fluctuations. Today I was up a lb but I know that's because I was still eating at midnight. Other reasons could be if you ate too much salt yesterday, worked out, monthly cycle for females, body temperature when you weighed, whether you've been to the toilet or not. Don't worry about daily ups and downs. Monitor the downward trend over time.
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I mean technically both are your 'real' weight however just because you weigh a few lbs more on the scale from one day to the next doesn't mean you've gained X pounds of fat, it's just like other people have said you could have eaten a bigger volume of food the day before, or you're retaining more water (do you pee before you weigh? haha I always do), or maybe you had a lot of sodium the day before again leading to water retention.

So don't freak. Just weigh yourself weekly :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Either weigh yourself once a week or take the average. Here's the past three days for me

Multiple things can effect scale movement. Sodium, hormones, water retention from exercise, whether or not you've had a bowel movement lately, for girls it could be time of the month. Don't worry about day to day fluxes, look for a trend over weeks and gauge from there.