Went a bit off the rails with calories :(

Options
So I was doing really well and began to lose weight sticking to my calories for 2 weeks and then bam I go and ruin it! Today is again day 1.. I need motivation. How do u motivate yourself?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    How did you ruin it?

I see a few days without logging...that isn't ruining it that is a bump in the road.

How do I stay motivated after 10months of logging consistently (save vacation no internet) just because I want it bad enough...

Now I am so close to goal esp and gave away all my bigger cloths, I am getting into great shape, can wear a bikini for the first time ever, I am not in pain when I walk...

The quesiton is why did you stop logging...motivation comes from within no one can give it to you....

The only other thing I do is go to the success stories here...they can be very motivating.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You can't allow one mistake to derail your plans! Just pick up where you left off and carry on.

In the past I would often use one slip as an excuse to eat poorly (well, I already went off plan, I may as well eat what I want and start again on Monday). This has been a terrible cycle for me. Now, I try to tell myself, just go back to my eating plan and don't beat myself up over the mistake. And don't use it as an excuse to make more.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Eat "good" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • polkadotmoon
    Options
    One day does not ruin a lifetime of changes, it's your reaction to it that ruins things. Thinking that one day can ruin weeks of dedication, or your future, leads to self sabotage and excuses for why it's pointless to continue. The day happened, nothing will change that, so you continue as you did before that day - if anything you learn from that day and use it to motivate yourself. Yes you slipped up, yes you failed to adhere to your plan, but it's better to pick yourself back up and learn from it than throw everything away.

A life time of healthy eating is worth more than beating yourself up over one slip up.