Any certified nutritionists?

What food should a person eat every day to lose weight? What are your top favorite nutrition supplements for health and weight loss? What is a safe amount of vitamins?

Replies

• Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    I'm a self certified nutritionist.

1) all the food that will fit into my goals. 40/30/30 (Protein Fat Carbs)
    This can include poptarts, ice cream, chicken, steak, tons of vegetables.

2) None, I do use protein shakes if I need to up my goal for when lifting heavy.

3) You can not really over dose on vitamins, except in extreme cases can cause Hypervitaminosis. You will just urinate them out.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    What food should a person eat every day to lose weight? What are your top favorite nutrition supplements for health and weight loss? What is a safe amount of vitamins?

Nutritionist isn't a regulated term. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, although there are programs that will teach you about nutrition that you can get a certificate in. Dietitian is a regulated term that requires a degree and registration with whatever institution regulates dietitians. That doesn't necessarily mean a dietitian will know anymore then a self-labeled nutritionist or a lay fitness/nutrition nut (like all of us!). :flowerforyou:

While people follow many different lifestyles (vegetarian, paleo, vegan, low carb, atkins, whatever, IF) on this website, the general consensus is that to lose weight, you must eat fewer calories then you consume. That is all the matters to weight loss.

I personally don't take any vitamins, unless I feel like I'm getting sick and then I take zinc, which may not give me any benefits besides what I get from the placebo effect, but it doesn't have any adverse side effects.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    1) High water content/high fiber content food (Fruit and veg)

2) Supplements? If you truly want to be healthy, your nutrition should come from within whole foods.

3) See 2.