New here, but not to weight loss struggles

Options
Hello, Everyone! I'm new to this site, but I've been struggling with my weight for a few years now. I started gaining weight slowly once I started working a desk job, and now I'm up 20 lbs! I've been working out 3-4 times a week for a few months now, but I'll admit that my diet is my downfall. My husband and I would like to start trying to start a family in the next year or so, and I'd like to start adopting healthier eating habits now (rather than waiting for pregnancy).

I've been doing Bar Method classes 3-4 times per week since October of last year, and I've really seen a lot of muscle gain and an increase in flexibility. We have a 60 lb Australian Shepherd/Lab mix that LOVES to run, and I try to walk/run him about 3 miles a day (it's sort of a necessity with his energy level!).

My weight loss goal is 15 lbs. More would be great, but I think 15 lbs is realistic for now. I'm 5'8", and that used to be a pretty comfortable weight for me.

I'm really looking to getting back to healthier eating habits. That's really the hardest part of weight loss for me and I would love to feel like I have more control over food.

That's all for now. Take care!

Replies

• MzNurse6870
    MzNurse6870 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hello! add me so we can help each on our journey.
  • Kerryross62
    Options
    Hi- I have also joined today and read your blog. Came across the site when looking to see how many calories in a walnut ship that I had 'secretly eaten'.
    Been a yoyo dieter for many years having worked my way through most of the slimming clubs. Last success was a 5st weight loss with a leading company but over the last 2 1/2 years it has gone back on. I have a desk job but do try and go to Zumba once a week. Really need to get at least some of my weight back off - if not only for the summer but more importantly my health.
    Good luck and all the best