inches lost versus pounds?

Ive started hip hop aerobics 6 days a week. Most days I eat around 1300 cal. Ive lost an inch in each area bust, waist, thighs but no pounds yet. I have at least 80 pounds tp lose and before this program was mostly sedentary. I thought I would lose faster. What should I do differently?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    How long have you been doing this routine and these calories?
    Are you 100% sure your weighing and measuring all your food?
  • sabrina19782014
    sabrina19782014 Posts: 50 Member
    you should also look at your bmr, (resting metabolism) because you could still be starving your body (unintentionally) hence why no weight loss,

I am speaking from experience, I am having to eat more and I am actually starting to lose, might only be a pound so far but I have only been eating the extra for a week.

Good Luck
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    If you've only recently started working out pretty intensely your muscles are probably retaining water to repair themselves. That's a possible reason for not seeing a loss on the scales even though you're losing inches (well done on that! ) Make sure you drink plenty of water and give it another week for the scales to catch up
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    I agree with posters above. If you're new to the intense exercise your body will take time to start showing results on the scale. However, having physical inches leaving your body is an AWESOME NSV!!!

If you go another week without a change on the scale then might be best to take another look at your meal plan :drinker: