Apples w/ Peanut Butter for a everyday Breakfast…Bad?

Options
I absolutely hate breakfast foods. Eggs, Cereal, even pancakes. You name it, i hate it. I would rather skip breakfast and go straight for lunch type foods (my big problem with gaining weight) So i just went a "natural" route and decided to eat fruits. Oranges were good, just didn't keep me full too long. So i went with apple slices with peanut butter. Now my mom bought me this PB2 powder, which i feel tastes nothing like peanut butter and doesn't have any of the benefits of actual peanuts that i'm aware of. So i don't much care to eat it. But now i'm a bit worried, everything can be fine in moderation, i know this. But am i doing more harm then good?

I stopped using Jiff peanut butter and went organic: Nash Brothers Organic Peanut Butter.

Is there a better peanut butter i should try buying from the store? Or should i cut back and try eating Nutella or some other spread? Not going to lie, i love my peanut butter and at times crave it. I look forward to eating my apples and peanut butter...

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with apples and peanut butter. As long as it fits into your daily goals, go for it. :)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating apples and peanut butter for breakfast. Or eating "lunch" type foods for breakfast. Try getting away from labeling foods good or bad. Food is just food, and I am a firm believer in eating what I like, while meeting my macro goals. And as far as organic goes, if that is important to you, then by all means, buy organic. Otherwise, nothing wrong with other brands.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    ive been eating the I.M. Healthy Honey Creamy Soynut Butter. i really like the taste and it works very well in place of peanut butter in my shakes and what not.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I :love: apples and peanut butter any time of day. Be sure you are weighing the pb - because it's a sneaky food. What looks like 1 tbsp. - will weigh more than you think.

Also, I eat everything for breakfast. I love breakfast foods, but love to change it up too. I eat leftovers, chicken, wraps, salads - whatever I feel like eating. Think outside the box.
  • JSTworkinout
    JSTworkinout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try better n butter
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sounds okay to me as long as you monitor your serving size. I love PB too. And I eat anything for breakfast, not just "breakfast foods." Can be pita with hummus, or leftover pizza, or pad Thai...and sometimes I eat "breakfast foods" for lunch or dinner.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you do not like breakfast then skip it….

you do not have to eat breakfast…the whole "most important meal of the day" and "kickstarts metabolism" is a bunch of BS….
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a perfect breakfast :) I also prefer natural peanut butters to the powdered kind and the one you have is certainly healthier than Nutella. The healthiest peanut butters are those with only peanuts (and maybe salt if you're not watching sodium), but yours is a decent option as well.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    if you do not like breakfast then skip it….

you do not have to eat breakfast…the whole "most important meal of the day" and "kickstarts metabolism" is a bunch of BS….

Or be a complete rebel and eat lunch or dinner foods for breakfast.