Starting weight training.

Options
I have never done any weight training in my life but from pouring through these forums it seems to be the right path to take to help achieve a healthy toned body.
Where can I start?!
I have a set of 2.5KG weights at home (I can't get to a gym so it will have to be home training), I literally have no clue where to start and what to do!
The only exercise I am doing at the moment is walking daily with my little girl in her pushchair (we are managing anything from 3-8 miles a day depending on her and the weather)!
Any advice, training plans, tips or hints would be massively appreciated. I'm looking forward to a more toned body, with stronger muscles :-)

Replies

• Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    The best thing to do with 2.5kg weights would be the 30 Day Shred DVD or something similar.You can get loads of different workouts for free on Youtube, :)
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I really like ChaLEAN Extreme for weights. It's a BB product, FYI, but a good one. Good luck! :drinker:
  • alicemelinda1
    Options
    I really like ChaLEAN Extreme for weights. It's a BB product, FYI, but a good one. Good luck! :drinker:

Excuse my ignorance but what is BB? Sorry, I don't have a clue!! :embarassed:
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    BB means www.beachbody.com.....i have Chalean Extreme and I love it too.....I bought a set of Bowflex Select Tech weights that she uses.....they are awesome....the only set I will ever need.....they dial up to 52.5lb!!!!!.....

I also have p90x which uses some weights.....and Brazil Butt Lift.....I love those programs too......check them out.....

feel free to add me.....I love mfp and I am on here every day.....if you are my friend you should be able to see my pics....you may be able to now....I can't remember what I set my profile to......but I have a couple pics of the back and the biceps.....:) good luck!!!
  • alicemelinda1
    Options
    Also, what areas of the body can weights be used to tone (obviously arms!!) but how would you use them for other areas of your body, as I said, I cant get to a gym so its all just basic 'at home' stuff for me!

Thanks for all those who have replied already. I have checked out stuff on youtube but you don't get any 'real' feedback from those videos- whereas with you guys and gals I get proper experience and feedback :-)