Diet with adipex

rsettle12
rsettle12 Posts: 3 Member
I just started my diet on March 13. Also started taking Adipex-P. I'm really struggling. Before the diet I would live off of fast food and other unhealthy items. I am an extremely picky Eater and hate hate hate vegetables. I also hate fish and steak. I have been living off oatmeal, protein shakes and boiled chicken. I'm starting to go in a bit of depression. I'm so unhappy with these foods and I just want something greasy and sweet. I really need help

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Sounds like Adipex isn't for you.
  • rsettle12
    I don't necessarily think it's the adipex, just me trying to do a complete 180 on my eating habits. I'm really struggling with it today
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    You are unhappy because you are still making food choices that are not sustainable. You need variety!! Nuts, eggs, potatoes, humus, bread, peanut butter, fruit, sandwiches, pasta, meats, cereal, and an occasional treat. You can eat anything you want as long as it stays within your calorie allotment for the day. Don't set yourself up to fail...if you want a life change then you need a real food plan that makes you happy AND fulfilled.
  • rsettle12
    Thank you
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I don't necessarily think it's the adipex, just me trying to do a complete 180 on my eating habits. I'm really struggling with it today

What I meant is that you want to eat junk but when you take Adipex and eat junk, you are going to suffer with tar-like, foul smelling diarrhea.

Take baby steps. Don't try to change your eating habits all at once. That is setting yourself up to fail. Take it one day at a time.

I hope you've done your research on Adipex. There are a lot of unpleasant and potentially dangerous side effects.
  • idojpdx
    idojpdx Posts: 83 Member
    Or maybe you won't. Not everybody has side effects, and if they do, they don't necessarily have all the side effects.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit. Eat "good" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

According to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682187.html you can only take phentermine for a few weeks. So you need to work on logging everything you eat accurately & honestly. Adipex will jump-start your weight loss, but it's up to you to make a permanent lifestyle change.
  • IPJ1205
    IPJ1205 Posts: 4 Member
    There is some sound advice here.
  • idojpdx
    idojpdx Posts: 83 Member
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit. Eat "good" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

According to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682187.html you can only take phentermine for a few weeks. So you need to work on logging everything you eat accurately & honestly. Adipex will jump-start your weight loss, but it's up to you to make a permanent lifestyle change.

I couldn't agree more. The drug is there to give you control so you can make better choices and start building some good habits, not to mention motivate you with some quick weight loss right out of the gate. You know why you gained weight, and it likely is due to food choices and portion control. If you come off the Adipex and haven't changed your habits, you might as well not have taken it at all. It's all coming back, and likely bringing extra pounds with it.

I have been on generic Adipex, phentermine, and I will tell you that if you make the changes you WILL lose the weight and it WILL stay off. If you quit being diligent about food choices, portion control, and exercise once you're off the drug, just as with any diet, you're sunk. It happened to me after maintaining my loss for 12 years. I never crave anything when I'm taking it, though, so I'm not sure how to help you get over that. If you're not a fan of healthy foods, maybe you should see a nutritionist for some ideas that will meet your calorie and nutrient requirements while still being somewhat palatable to you.

This drug is a fantastic tool for many people, but you get a very short shot at it. Don't waste the opportunity it's giving you. Get some extra help.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    I'm taking generic Phentermine too. It won't help if you don't eat right. My weight loss clinic doctor stresses the importance of eating protein. I eat a lot of raw almonds, and the doctor says that is fine. I love steel cut oatmeal for breakfast, but the doctor said I should add protein to it, like eggs.

Since I have started tracking my food and exercise here, my results have been much better.

Adipex can help you if you try to eat healthier. I know you said you are a picky eater, but can you try to get more protein and fresh foods like vegetables and fruits?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    What's a DIEt ?