Snack ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• ElectrikC
    ElectrikC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Protein bars and protein shakes! neither require a refrigerator and both give you a healthy boost in calories, carbs and most importantly protein to keep you full.
  • cumbriajane
    cumbriajane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The important thing is to get rid of the snack drawer.

I have a desk job too and although it sometimes feels like it, you won't die of hunger by giving up snacks. Just replace the bad snacks with good choices.
  • LozWar
    LozWar Posts: 1
    Options
    Firstly forget about the snack drawer at work. It's just an easy temptation and you find yourself eating when you're not really hungry.
    Make sure you make all your food for the day and take it into work - including snacks.
    I have also found giving up coffee and instead drinking tea works for me...less calories in tea than in a milky coffee. There are many websites out there where you can find healthy/slimming/energizing teas that taste nice and make a great alternative to eating a snack mid morning. Just google any healthy body teas/healthy teas website and you should be able to find some nice ones.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Snacks are not necessary...
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't what's in the snack drawer, the problem is the snack drawer.
  • catbug11
    catbug11 Posts: 13
    Options
    If I just have to have something, but I'm not hungry and don't want to waste my calories, I have a few different herbal teas at the ready - cinnamon apple, red fruits, green tea with lemon, green tea with cranberry, chai etc.

Other ideas:

Chewing gum

Raw red bell peppers, carrots, celery or gherkins.

Plain popcorn
  • zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have to agree about the snack drawer, I tried having one, and ate everything in it! I pack my snacks daily in my bag, and try to switch it up weekly. Some of my go to's are: carrots, yogurt, banana, any sort of fruit, ricotta with honey (after work out snack), and when I'm running short on supplies, I grab a muscle milk.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't what's in the snack drawer, the problem is the snack drawer.

this is it, half the reason i ended up needing this diet again was the free nad available really good snacks at work (I can smell the fresh Danishes and Croissants in my office when they come out of the oven in the kitchen next to me :sad:
    I drink tea and water almost all day when sitting at my desk. If I have a snack it's usually a small apple. other than that I eat a good breakfast and lunch.
    If I had to have something I'd keep Celery,Carrots etc around, but I find if it's there I'll just graze on it despite the fact I'm not hungry

Try having a glass of water every time you feel the urge to snack - you may not be hungry but thirsty our bodies send that conflicted signal
  • srigsbee1
    Options
    I've seen a lot of good ideas here. Yes, the next day, I came into work and cleared out the snack drawer of all junk food. Now I only bring healthy things to eat for the day (cause I do get hungry and need a snack). So thanks everybody! :wink: