Here I go again, for the last time

Options
Krohnie
Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
I'm the mom of two young boys, an optometrist (eye doctor) who owns my own practice, a wife to an eye doctor, a former athlete, and about 40 lbs overweight. I've never lost my baby weight even though my babies are 7 and 5. I've started and stopped more times than I could count. It's time to get serious. It's time to get rid of all this weight, to feel like an athlete, to stop wasting my days on the chair in front of the tv. Any tips? Anyone want to help along the way, to travel this road together with an internet friend? Let me know. I'm off and running, well walking until I can run again.

Replies

• Dgangaware
    Dgangaware Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too, I will join you on that road
  • katremtoo
    katremtoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you for another try. Me too. I'd love to have some friends help too. I'll help all I can.
  • SuzMar17
    SuzMar17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am new too, also a mom to 2 boys (3 & 3 months) and I too never lost the baby weight from my 1st and added another 20 with my 2nd...so I am in the same boat as you!

Please feel free to add me :)

Best of luck to you!!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging is simple, but it ain't easy.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Oh, and take photos & measurements.
  • Missymak
    Missymak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have also started and then stopped. This time I am determined to get to a healthy weight and stay there. I would like to have some friends to help motivate me. Please add me! Good Luck!!
  • katremtoo
    katremtoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this so not sure how the community works and how we actually "help" one another. I'll look to others for some guidance about what to do for support. Like, do I just keep checking back on this thread or is there somewhere else I should look. Pardon my ignorance, but I've tried so many times to lose weight and I'm just hoping this plan will help me.
  • Trishskee
    Trishskee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! It's a been a loooong year of trying to get rid of the baby weight. I commend you for starting! You can do this :happy:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    LOL…my DD's are 15&16, and I think I'm still carrying that baby weight. You can add me if you'd like :-)
  • mkim515
    mkim515 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Set yourself some exercise and weight goals. I've lost almost 50 Lbs by counting calories and exercising. I've always been very active, but I can easily eat too much, so the weight didn't come off. Now I set a calorie goal, and I stick to it. I do not use the "net" calories. If I subtracted for exercise, I wouldn't lose any weight. Lots of fruits and veggies so that I get a nice volume (albeit low calorie) of food.