Food Phobia

Options
I don't even know if this is a real thing, but sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the food info out there. I know all about paleo, vegetarianism, veganism, GMOs, omega 6: omega 3 ratios, farmed fish vs wild, mercury toxicity, gluten intolerance, hormone disrupters, TDEE, etc, etc. Sometimes I just wish I knew nothing because I always second guess what I'm eating. I know that weight loss is ultimately about calories but I can't shake the annoying info-swirl in my head.

I haven't been as consistent as I need to be, and it usually has something to do with this. For example, I was doing pretty well slowly but consistently losing for a few weeks. Then I thought that I probably wasn't eating enough fat (using Pam spray to cook my egg whites, non-fat salad dressing on my salad with chicken breast, etc.) and I worried what that would do to me and suddenly, I started to doubt myself and stopped tracking my calories altogether.

Any ideas to stop getting side tracked by this stuff? I want to eat healthfully, but I need to lose weight, too. Why does this seem so hard to do?? Ugh.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,946 Member
    Options
    Because everything can be the debil, but the truth is, nothing is. Now go have some chicken wings and a beer and chill.