Wow, did I do that?

Options
So, yesterday evening my hubby and I are driving through neighborhood to go to dinner with friends (usual Saturday thing). We drive past a yard sale getting ready to close up. Low and behold there is a stationary bike sitting all by itself. I stopped in the middle of the street..lol. Went to look at it, very ancient. Asked the owner if it worked, yes. Then the dreaded question, "how much". I almost died, $5.00, (money tight). I said sold. Hubby and yard sale hubby load it in car. When we get back on our way, hubby says, "I can't believe you bought that old thing." Told him to shut up (nicely, yeah right), I need to be able to exercise more at home on nights I don't go to gym.

Anyway, if you asked me a month ago if I would ever buy any exercise equipment I would have laughed at you. And $5.00...a steal in my book. MFP has helped me so much in this way of thinking.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Great find!
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome find!!! At least it still works that's what matters!! Wtg!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Great investment. Lets hope it gets worn out. *wink*
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    That's fantastic! :-)
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow you got a GREAT deal!!! I got mine at a yard sale to, not for $5 but it was a newer recumbent bike and I love it!!! Happy peddaling:drinker:
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    Wow you got a GREAT deal!!! I got mine at a yard sale to, not for $5 but it was a newer recumbent bike and I love it!!! Happy peddaling:drinker:
  • 1QueenB
    Options
  • tater8589
    Options
    Lol, thats awesome, I would totaly do the same thing. I have a regular bike, but don't trust my neighborhood at night.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Nice find! :)