PROTEIN DIET

Options
OK, 2DAY'S DEBATE 4 ME 2 WANT 2 KNOW IS====
IS ANY 1 ON A PROTEIN DIET? I HAVE A LIST THAT MY ASST DIRECTOR OF NURSING; GAVE ME.. SHE IS ON A PRO DIET. IT HAS ALL THESE FOODS NOT 2 EAT... U SOPOSE 2 EAT A LOTTA MEAT, EGGS, COTTAGE CHESSE; ETC. BUT THEN I PRINTED A LIST OFF LINE THAT HAS EVERYTHING U CAN THINK OF HIGH IN PROTEIN. NUTS, EVEN MILK.... HOW DO U PUT ALL THESE IN A REGULAR MEAL PLAN? OUR DIETIAN SAIDS THE PRO DIET IS VERY GOOD, ESPIALLY 4 SUM 1 LIKE ME WHO IS A FITNESS JUNKIE.... PRO BURNS.. BUT HOW MUCH IS 2 MUCH? WHAT BOUT CALS, CARBS, & FAT? & AS I SAID, HOW DO I MAKE THESE INTO A DAILY MEAL PLAN?

Replies

• hammycat86
    Options
    I tried it once for about 2 weeks and ended up very sick from it. Im not sure any 1 diet that restricts foods so much is good. My opinion is that balance is the way to go.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Hi There! I'm on a protein diet, sorta... I'm doing a derivative of paleo, which is essentially all lean meats, veggies, and fruits only. No processed food, no carbs (except for the fruits and veggies), and no dairy, among other things. That said - I am finding that I am consuming a lot of meat. That hard part is creativity. When I first started, I ate nothing but turkey and chicken. That didn't last long, so now I'm eating other things.

If you befriend me, you can see my diary, which includes what I've eaten over the past week.

I understand the science behind how high levels of protein can help one lose weight, but I can see how it gets tricky... I need the fruits and the veggies to flush out my system, due to their high levels of fiber. My personal trainer/nutritionist told me to not worry about calories, fat, fiber, etc. but I am... I'm trying as hard as I can to stick with MFP's suggested levels.

Anyhow - I hope this is helpful...

Cheers!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm starting a protein diet tomorrow. My friends and I have challenged eachother to a 6.5% weight loss. First one to lose it and keep it off for 30 days wins the $300. (everyone threw in $50) So, i'll be posting my meals on my page and I have a healthy recipe blog "brityns blog" that will have the recipes. Friend me and let's do it together!