keep on slacking off

Options
I was doing pretty good until August. Now it seems I am in a funk. I start my week watching the calories and trying to exercise. The late night snacking is killing me. I control myself during the day and evening but a night. I slack off and then I don't run. I feel out of it. So far I have gained about 3 pounds.

Uggh! I need some motivation!!
:sad:

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I understand your struggle. WE are our own worst enemies sometimes. Just take it day by day and try to plan your menus for the entire day and find something to do with your mind or hands in the evening to keep you out of the pantry/kitchen! (easier said than done, I know!). And try to rid your house of unhealthy options and maybe incorporate a late night snack routine into your daily log, such that you have calories leftover for it at the end of the day. And of course there is that option of drinking lots of water to fill yourself up, but that has not always been a successful option for me because late night eating is usually more about boredom rather than hunger. Good luck to you and know that you are not the only one who deals with this issue. We all do!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Perhaps you should eat more and run in the morning... protein and fiber will keep you full. Plus if you're more conscious about your goals in the morning, workout in the morning, and it'll be done and out of the way. :-)
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Nothing is going to help you more than to just suck it up and do it, even when you really dont want to. Its not about motivation its about commitment. :)
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    We all get into this funk once in awhile, this is a tough journey, give yourself credit for what you are doing,and give yourself permission to be in a funk (once in awhile) tell yourself you are only allowed to be in a funk for one 24 hour period then force yourself off the couch - even if it's to walk to the end of the drive and back - your body will respond with statisfaction. the other thing I do is keep the craving food at the store, I figure if I have that big of a craving that I am willing to walk and get it I deserve it.

Good luck and know that you are not alone, we all go there:smile:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    If the running is not keeping your interests maybe you should experiment with other workouts. You might find something that isn't so hard to get you up and going. A little variety can go a long way with keeping you interested.
  • bandchick
    Options
    I agree that you may need to change your workout. Somedays my bf and I go hiking or go biking on bike paths in the area. Its all about getting up and doing something. As for the snacking. Get the healthy substitutes. Popping your own popcorn is better for you thank a cookie. Frozen yogurt is better than ice cream. Also the best way for me with portions is to get a small cup. Or bowl so visually you are satisfied.