MACROS (if you dont track them dont comment on here)

Options
im tired of reading posts on here about macros and then see half of the comments saying dont worry about macros just count your calories i dont want to just count calories i dont want to lose muscle so if you are one of those people dont be a smart *kitten* and comment i want to know what the people that actually track their macros do how do they find them what are your percentages do you use lbm instead of your actual weight tdee or eat back your exercise calories stuff like that

thank you if you comment on here if you really do or have track your macros cause you have prolly answered my question instead of being someone you tells people something completely different then what they asked and if you are a person who cant answer any of my questions dont be an *kitten* and waste my time or someone elses time who can answer

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I consume .8g of protein per pound of lbm and .35g of fat per pound of bodyweight. The rest is carbs.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I consume .8g of protein per pound of lbm and .35g of fat per pound of bodyweight. The rest is carbs.

this is what I aim for.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just go by what I've heard. Not sure I'm doing it right but I do my goal weight in grams of protein and .45 per pound for fat. I'm doing lower carb for my diabetes so I'm probably higher in fat than others. No way can I eat 290 grams of protein.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I have mine set at 25% fat, 25% protein and 50% carbs, but I'm usually over with fat and under with carbs.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    What's the question?
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I use TDEE-20% in a wonky way. I like to eat more on days that I exercise, so I calculated my TDEE for SEDENTARY even though I work out 4-7times per week, then I did Sedentary TDEE -20% and I eat back 50-75% of exercise calories.

My protein is set at 1g per lb of lean body mass which is about 100g (30%), my carbs are set to 100g and my fat is the rest.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

this is what I aim for.

Same for me with protein. I eat a lot of fat. And the rest is carbs. I don't worry about carbs. A shortage of carbs is not likely.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-1.2 gram of protein per lb depending on if I'm cutting or bulking, Fats at about .4 times my body weight, and the rest are carbs......GOOT carbs!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What is the quesion? You lost me completely.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    im tired of reading posts on here about macros and then see half of the comments saying dont worry about macros just count your calories i dont want to just count calories i dont want to lose muscle so if you are one of those people dont be a smart *kitten* and comment i want to know what the people that actually track their macros do how do they find them what are your percentages do you use lbm instead of your actual weight tdee or eat back your exercise calories stuff like that

thank you if you comment on here if you really do or have track your macros cause you have prolly answered my question instead of being someone you tells people something completely different then what they asked and if you are a person who cant answer any of my questions dont be an *kitten* and waste my time or someone elses time who can answer
    when you ask a question you'ask' something. Telling everyone you're perfect isn't asking a question. Good luck on your perfection
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Looking at the food diary you're not tracking anything not even your macros which makes the post even funnier
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

this is what I aim for.

me too it works out to 45c/30p/25f for me...based on my TDEE-20% of 1600
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options

CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT................:drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Not being snarky at all-- it would be really helpful if you used punctuation.

Go to the link TheSlorax posted and follow the instructions.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Gees... OP has been burnt far too many times... I'm scared of him! Anyways:
    I try for 60% carbs, 20% fats and 20% protein. I find that this combination gives me the max amount of energy and can operate in beast mode. I also track other stuff like vitamins. Gotta make sure my central nervous system is in A shape!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Similar....
    I consume .8g of protein per pound of lbm and .35g of fat per pound of bodyweight. The rest just falls where it falls within my calorie goal.
    On a day when I'm going on a long cycle ride I would pay attention to keeping carbs high.

Used the same macros when losing and also at maintenance, seems to work well in both cases.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options

• Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There is an actual formula for protein so when you apply that formula, you have your protein grams. That leaves just your carbs and fat to set. Carbs should be low because we should not be eating "fake" food... healthy carbs and fat, good fat, is very healthy.
    Good fat is grass fed beef, organic free range chicken, fresh eggs, healthy oils like olive, coconut, walnut, etc. and avocados, etc.

More and more studies are confirming that it is not about counting calories. Those that are paying attention to the correct amount of macros are the ones with the most success and maintain their weight, never ever having to think about a diet. Coounting calories is "old school" because of what is put in our food today.

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group