Support/Motivation

Options
I am looking for support and motivation from more friends. I was doing well last year working out and getting back into shape and fell of the wagon for a while. I am determined to get back to working out but I have also found it is easier with support and motivation from friends. I also could use any help people are willing to give. One of the reason I find it hard to work out is that I work night shift. When I work, I work from 6p-6a and I work 3 days a week, which sometimes makes it hard for me to set up a work out schedule. I would appreciate anyone who would like to add me as a friend to help me get back on track. Thanks.

Replies

• jamesisaac108
    Options
    Working the overnight shift is extremely hard on your body for a variety of reasons. I been doing that once a week for the past month but it's not a permanent thing. That said, I made the mistake of changing my food habit for the first day and it was pretty disruptive to my system. The next few times it was fine. As far as your diet goes, dont make big changes. Just knock off 200 or 300 hundred calories a day. Giving up soda is one way to do that. If you drink it that is. Focus on getting healthy rather than loosing weight. The scale doesnt always reflect what is going on with your body. Exercise is great but people often get bored with doing the same thing over an over again so dont forget to try different things. Dont assume you will hate a particular exercise before you even try. You maybe surprised by what actually pleases you.

Personally, the only calories I kept track of were junk food. Cookies and stuff. Im realistic. I knew I wasnt going to give them up completely. Other than that, whole foods mostly. Became a vegetarian for ethical reasons fell in love with it. I don't exactly have all the money in the world but honestly I spend less on food now than I ever did. I know people say loosing weight is hard but for me it was so wonderful. I got help from the right people at the right time to make my workouts an absolute joy.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd be more than happy to buddy up and help you in your health and fitness journey. Night shift can surely be tough. My wife is a nightshift RN working 3 days/week and she has a tough time also.

I help to run support groups through Facebook that are filled with people improving their health and fitness through regular exercise and proper nutrition. Everyone has the same purpose and is helping everyone else along in their journey. I'd be happy to get you added if you would like or chat more about it with you if you have questions.

Allan
  • shannonc04
    Options
    That would be great!! I actually work night shift in an ER with nurses but I'm not one, lol. I have worked night shift going on 7 years now and probably wont be leaving it anytime soon. I have just found that it is a lot easier when you having people to help motivate and support you for those days that really don't want to do anything but know you should.