gained weight

Options
:sad: Today has been the worse so far, i stepped on the scale this morning a realized i gained 3 pds. I didn't exercise in the last 3 days. My food choices havn't been that good either obviously. I work 16 hrs sat and sun as a nurse and by sun afternoon my diet and any desire i have to try and stay on it is gone. I take my soup and veggies to work, but somebody will order pizza and i don't even care i just eat. I know i should "just say no" but my hands are feeding my face before i even realize what i'm doing. My other trigger foods, dr. pepper, sweet tea and fast food, they get me ever weekend. any suggestions, anybody.

Replies

• nurseredtx
    Options
    :sad: Today has been the worse so far, i stepped on the scale this morning a realized i gained 3 pds. I didn't exercise in the last 3 days. My food choices havn't been that good either obviously. I work 16 hrs sat and sun as a nurse and by sun afternoon my diet and any desire i have to try and stay on it is gone. I take my soup and veggies to work, but somebody will order pizza and i don't even care i just eat. I know i should "just say no" but my hands are feeding my face before i even realize what i'm doing. My other trigger foods, dr. pepper, sweet tea and fast food, they get me ever weekend. any suggestions, anybody.
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    3 pounds seems like a lot for a weekend of going over...could it be water weight?

I couldn't just eat soup if everyone around me was eating pizza, either. If you have the time, try making your own pizza. I make mine with a whole wheat crust, low fat cheese, and lots of veggies. One small pizza is less than 500 calories. Bring it with you, and when everyone else is ordering, just pop yours in the microwave. It holds up really well in the fridge, so you can make it a day or two before hand.

Did you hear that diet dr. pepper tastes more like regular dr. pepper? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry to kid you like that, but I would try substituting it, and I bet after a couple of weeks you don't even notice the difference.

My mom is a nurse, I know how hard it is to eat right. Planning ahead seems to be the key for you. Someone had suggested on a previous forum printing out the nutrition info for the fast food places and keeping it in your car, so before you pull into the drive thru, you can figure out how much that whopper is really costing you. :sick:

Best wishes! And remember, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Did you hear that diet dr. pepper tastes more like regular dr. pepper? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL.

Nurse, I have had a pretty terrible weekend myself. I gotta get back on track. We can do it though, we just have to get our minds right. I feel your pain though. Everytime I start to eat, I think of my turtle pic (it's in my profile pics) and I laugh and walk away. Pretty stupid, lol, but it works for me. :bigsmile:
  • mknott
    mknott Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow, I had a bad day today too! I was doing so good, I was down 3 pounds the end of last week and now this week I have all that back and thensome. I don't get it. It's frustrating but you can NOT let it stop you! You need to push your body to make your body change! It's quite easy to fluctuate 5 pounds in a matter of days, so just think that if you work at it you can be down what you gained and even some extra. It's up to you, though, only YOU can tell your body what to do. Be proud of yourself when you make the right choices and let that pride feed you... the next time you're faced with a difficult decision you'll remember how GREAT it feels to make the RIGHT choice. :happy:

So don't beat yourself up for having an "off" day or two. Every day is a new day, it's a whole new opportunity to begin all over again - how awesome is that?!
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    don't you hate the nurse mentality? bad day, lets' get pizza!

There have been too many days on my diet so far that I have made and packed a nice healthy lunch, then it's a crazy day in the ER and noone has time to take a lunch break, so before I know it, there are about 10 boxes of pizza stacked up in the nursing station. mmmmmm. the smell!

I've only given in once, so far, but it SUCKS. The other problem is sweets, someone will bring homemade cookies. Thank god I hate donuts because those are always sitting around.

why can't we be healthy!? we're nurses for goodness sakes!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i understand where you are coming from i also worked two 16 hour shifts this weekend i am a nurses aide, i tend to eat the wronf choices when i work this much if someone orders out then normally i am there... to order to,, maybe i need to quit bring money?LOL
    yes and diet DR Pepper does taste real good,,, my husband went from mountain dew to Diet Dr. Pepper and he lost.. try that..
  • nurseredtx
    Options
    Thanks everyone for reminding me that it is a long journey and there will be bumps the road.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Everytime I start to eat, I think of my turtle pic (it's in my profile pics) and I laugh and walk away. Pretty stupid, lol, but it works for me. :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

LOL - LOVE THE TURLE PIX!! :laugh:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options

Did you hear that diet dr. pepper tastes more like regular dr. pepper? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL.

Nurse, I have had a pretty terrible weekend myself. I gotta get back on track. We can do it though, we just have to get our minds right. I feel your pain though. Everytime I start to eat, I think of my turtle pic (it's in my profile pics) and I laugh and walk away. Pretty stupid, lol, but it works for me. :bigsmile:
    I LOVE diet Dr. Pepper, but trying to limit that too, since carbonated drinks are so bad for women's bones.

Here's to the turtle - NOM NOM NOM:drinker:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I'm a big fan of just eatting the pizza! Just have one slice though and exercise if you go over on your calories.

I believe if you have foods that are "off-limits" and you still eat them, then you feel guilt with it. Just have it... a little... and go on with your day. One slice of pizza didn't make any of us fat (but 3 or 4 definitely helped, lol)