What Have Been Your Results with ChaLEAN Extreme?

Options
Good morning, all!!

I just completed my first Push Circuit 1, which is the first day of the 2nd phase of ChaLEAN Extreme!! I've already seen amazing results with inches lost, and the weight loss was 5.2 pounds this month!

I've read before (but can't seem to find online now) that most people seem to experience slow results the first two months during the Burn and Push Circuits, but the Lean Circuit is where the pounds and inches just start melting off.

So I thought I'd ask my MFP friends to see what their experience has been!

Replies

• CaitlinxRae
    Options
    I did CE in Feb to May...I lost 10lbs and 21 in all around. I didn't really see much until the middle of push to the end of lean. The program is excellent and it really changes your life...at least it has for me... It has given me a new sense of how to work out and what works best for me..and also the best shape I have ever been in in my life! Good luck! You will love the results in the end!
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I start Lean Phase today! I have to say that so far I saw great results in the Push Phase. I have lost 3 inches in my waist (my biggest problem area). One inch in each thigh. I don't have much weight to lose so my focus is on inches rather than lbs. Good luck - it is a great program and really works! I can't wait to see what Lean has in store for me!
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I start Lean Phase today! I have to say that so far I saw great results in the Push Phase. I have lost 3 inches in my waist (my biggest problem area). One inch in each thigh. I don't have much weight to lose so my focus is on inches rather than lbs. Good luck - it is a great program and really works! I can't wait to see what Lean has in store for me!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm watching this post too. I just started Burn this week and it seems so hard to me. Did it seem hard for everyone or am I just a complete slacker? I have been really sore and tired and I'm just having to make myself do it...and today was only my 3rd workout (Burn Interval, which has been my favorite). Someone tell me if/when this feeling goes away and you start to feel good and energized by this!!!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm watching this post too. I just started Burn this week and it seems so hard to me. Did it seem hard for everyone or am I just a complete slacker? I have been really sore and tired and I'm just having to make myself do it...and today was only my 3rd workout (Burn Interval, which has been my favorite). Someone tell me if/when this feeling goes away and you start to feel good and energized by this!!!

Great question. One thing that helped me stay motivated was using the CE calendar and log sheets (http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5106828/ChaLean-Workout-Program-Calendar). Then I started monitoring my inches every two weeks and weight once or twice a week. Seeing even a little progress motivated me to keep going (though last week was really hard for me to stay motivated).

What weights are you using? For me, challenging myself to lift heavier weights was a great motivator as well and made me feel so strong.

But all of that was just me... You gotta find out what works for you. Plus, having others motivate and cheer you on was a great help too!
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I started and made it through the push phase and saw barely any change is I think that is why I stopped. However, I know alot of it is because I didnt change the way I ate. My biggest weakness.

I am ready to start again...I need to be really committed. I run 3x a week and need to strength train 3x a week also.

good luck to you and awesome results already!!
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sumatra,

Also some of that fatigue could be that you may not be eating enough calories. Muscle requires calories! Chalene mentions in one blog that she wrote to eat at least your BMR while doing this program. If you dip below that your body may go into starvation mode and hold onto all that fat. It will also make you feel very tired. Remember if you eat your calorie goal (your BMR) but then you burn 400 cals doing CLX then you need to eat back those calories to make sure you eat your goal. I know it sounds strange but you have to eat more to lose!!! Good Luck. I'm currently attempting CLX for the 2nd time. I'm doing Week 3 BC 3. I'm seeing inches lost but no pounds yet. But I'm not giving in to this. I have a hard time figuring out my calories but now I've made the comittment to at least eat 1589 calories which is my BMR. Good Luck!!!
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    flattsfan22~ great advice and good luck to you. I think that i am definately going to start back at it tonight.