Cramp in feet while working out!

Options
I know it sounds strange but I get the worst cramp feeling in my feet, does anyone else get this or have any hits or tips to stop it! I have to stop and take off my trainers to stretch my feet out before I can continue :frown:

Replies

• eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    drink more water cramps are frequently a result of dehydration
    Or eat a banana if you are drinking a lot of water (Potassium is the other cause)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Does it only happen when you're doing certain things? I've noticed that my feet hurt when my shoes are tied to tight and I try to do something like a DVD where I'm jumping around a lot or even using the elliptical. Loosening the laces usually does the trick.
  • kirstybell83
    kirstybell83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get this mainly when the laces are tied too tight on my trainer when exercising.... also recommend more water :)
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I get these and they are miserable and nothing helps other than compression... I tried stretching and icing and soaking and having my husband pop my toes because they constantly feel jammed even when they aren't.

But mine are small stress fractures. It's hard on knees being over weight but it's also hard on your feet....
    I don't know how Much you weigh but I started out 298 and am 263 now and was pushing myself hard in workouts and beyond what I felt like I should be doing and also working out without shoes on at home and now I set myself way back because I have to wait for my feet to heal.... If I compression wrap them I can still manage to walk a little each day but I'm going to focus on weights this week and give them a little extra healing time.
  • fatzant
    fatzant Posts: 40
    Options
    Does it only happen when you're doing certain things? I've noticed that my feet hurt when my shoes are tied to tight and I try to do something like a DVD where I'm jumping around a lot or even using the elliptical. Loosening the laces usually does the trick.

yeas its only with my fast pace dance style classes (Bokwa) doesn't effect me when im doing circuits for example
  • fatzant
    fatzant Posts: 40
    Options
    I think the tight laces have something to do with it, because if I loosen them it goes away I now just have massive blisters on the soles of my feet :(
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when I'm concentrating intensely on what I'm doing, and all of my muscles just tense up. It happened the few times I took Zumba and couldn't get the steps down and it happens occasionally in Yoga.

Pausing, or reminding myself to relax, usually helps.
  • Mistyvs
    Mistyvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mine do this too. I know I get plenty of water. I have weird feet and they've always given me problems one way or another so I just thought it was me.
  • Eve_e
    Eve_e Posts: 57
    Options
    I had the WORST foot cramps when I first started ballet. Pointing and flexing my feet at the barre caused horrible cramping. Eventually, though, I think the pointing and flexing made my feet less likely to cramp. Just a thought.