Been here before - losing on bipolar meds

Options
Hi all,

I have been on here a while but quit in Jan after a relapse of my illness. I got put back on my meds (Olanzapine, Fluoxitine, Propranolol and Tamezepam) and have since gained 16 lbs since jan 29th. So I am resetting. I am hoping not to be a victim of the dreaded weight gain that is inevitable with these meds and am trying to take control. Just looking for friendly chatty people to share the journey with. You don't have to understand my illness or have it to add me, I like a mix of friends. Just understand it's not a myth, Olanzapine really does make you gain weight at a colossal rate (a quick Google search will show you it's the main side effect).

Just want to try and slow the gain down and hopefully in a few weeks be in a position to reverse it.

I like kittehs!! Gardening, cups of tea (no more cake lol) sci fi and generally fun stuff.

Please add me :D:flowerforyou:

Replies

• TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    PS..I am in the UK :D
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :-)
    Best of luck on your journey! :-)
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.!!
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks, hope you don't mind I added you guys. :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! My daughter (age 14) is bipolar (has been hospitalized for it twice now), so I've learned a lot about it. She's gained about 15 pounds since her meds were changed (she now takes Prozac and Abilify). As you can guess by my user name, I'm vegan. However, I am friends with people of all eating choices and I don't preach to people for their food choices. Would love to add you to my group of friends :)
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Red Dwarf and Orange Pekoe - my ideal Sunday! :)