On the behalf of my SO :)

Options
beckieboomoo
beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
i have been here over a year on and off losing weight, talking last night i decided enough is enough and am going to get serious and lose the rest of my extra weight and get healthy, my SO has also decided that he wants to get fit and healthy too. He doesn't really want to do any cardio, he just wants to do weights. He works a full time job, he is on his feet all day and he also has awkward hours he can work from anytime between half 9 am and half 12 am ish. He only knows his hours for the following week 2 days before the new week starts, he could finish at 12 am and then have to be back in the next day at 9:30 am. So my question is here, is there any beginners weight routines online for the whole body, its just simply online and easy to get the hang of and he could do at any free time at home, we have a barbell and a dumbbell.

Also his stats may help and he does want to lose weight as well as building muscle, he is 5'10. 20 years old and around 224lb.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    stronglift 5x5 is free...available online...does 3 workouts a week all compound lifts.
  • Coltsatc
    Coltsatc Posts: 36
    Options
    stronglift 5x5 is free...available online...does 3 workouts a week all compound lifts.

^^^ That.

Here is the link to 2 ways of doing a 5x5. He can choose which one he likes better for his schedule. I'm doing the 2nd one listed.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
  • Jaybigp
    Jaybigp Posts: 6
    Options
    There are a ton of 24 hour gyms out there nowadays that accommodate for people working all hours of the day and night. If he loves hitting the wieghts encourage him to find a local 24 hour fitness center. If he does like following at home workouts there ar plenty of youtube vids and there a ton of series from Beachbody fitness.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    okay thanks everyone! Will have a look with him and encourage him for what ever is best for him! :)
  • Scratch_MJ
    Scratch_MJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too who is looking for support or advice! So far I have lost 27 lbs and I am on my way to 65 lbs!!!