Hips Out Of Place -- How Can I Tell??

Options
My legs toward my hip flexors are very sore & it's a bit difficult to walk normally. I told my friend yesterday and she said It's Very Common for women who've had children for there hips to come out of alignment. I did an exercise video with a Stability Ball but it didn't seem very difficult. The last time my legs felt like this was when I took a nap laying on my side.
Has anyone ever had this problem and how were you able to tell?

Replies

• Topbobdog
    Topbobdog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It is common for women who have had kids to get dislocated hips easier. Usually when you dislocate it your hip its painful and your hip doesnt rotate ask someone to watch that hip. What my wife does when she dislocates her hip is lay on her back with your feet up in the air and spread your legs that usually pops hers back in place she will do it for a few minutes bringing her legs in and out with her feet up in the air. If that doesnt work i would consult your doctor.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I've had problems with my hips too...... not due to child birth!

Get thee to a chiropractor to check hip & spine alignment. :flowerforyou:

Lots of stretching too as the muscle strength determines how well the bones stay in place.

Good luck! :drinker:
    p.s. Sweet family you have!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Go to a chiropractor. A regular doctor will just give you pills, do an x-ray (maybe) and call it a strain. Might send you to physical therapy. A good chiropractor will have you fixed up in 5 minutes. When you sleep on your side put a pillow between your thighs just above the knees...one of those "neck bone" pillows works pretty well.

Good Luck!
  • coradean
    coradean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, It's hard to tell if your symptoms are the same as mine, but they sound somewhat similar. I have bursitis of the hips (inflammation of the bursa). It took a long time for the doctor to diagnose it and I went to a few plus a exercise physiologist before confirming the diagnoses. I couldn't walk at one point because it was so painful. I still have issues with it, but I am running four times a week from 5 to 10 km and managing ok. The physio helped a lot by working on the affected area and surrounds and also using dry needling (acupuncture). I also found that the exercise given to me by the exercixe physiologist were invaluable (but difficult to keep up) and are what allowed me to start running again. If your hips hurt at night, particularly when lying on your hip, then I would say that Bursitis is very likely. I am not a medical person, so really you should have it checked out to find the cause. I would try a GP, but also an allied helath professional such as a chiropracter or physio or osteo. Good luck with it!