Low fat Tortilla recipe please....?

Avalon203
Avalon203 Posts: 78
edited September 21 in Recipes
Hi! Just wondering if anyone has a low fat tortilla recipe they would be able to share please....? Thanks in advance! xx

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Bump! :smile: Someone just suggested I look into making my own tortillas so I'm interested too.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    2 c flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 tablespoon shortening or lard 1/2 to 3/4 c warm water (110*)
    Mix all ingred. in a mixer (I do it by hand but cut the shortening into the dry ingred before adding the water). Let rest 15 minutes. Divide into 12 (I usually don't get this many because I like them burrito size). Roll on loured surface, cook on ungreased skillet until brown.

My husband LOVES to eat these with just better.

Low fat but fairly high in calories still because of the flour.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Thanks for this question . . . and answer!
    Its always better to get a recipe from someone who has tested it and knows it works well! Im going to try variations of whole wheat flour and i tend to incorporate some of the "other" whole wheat flour that is finer (says it "acts" like white flour right on the bag). It does seem to work well and gives a lighter texture so things are not as dense by using only whole wheat. I haven't bought white flour since this has come out and I hand make much of our food.
  • :flowerforyou: Thanks very much!! Ive seen 'cup' measurements being used a lot on here, How much is one cup in grams approximately please? Ill definately try making my own tomorrow now, and using whole wheat flour is a god idea too, thank you,
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
This discussion has been closed.