Options
kelzz27
kelzz27 Posts: 21 Member
Looking for a slimfast buddy :-)

Replies

• TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use a cheaper brand of slimfast , but i only use it if im in a rush and i can make breakfast.
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    :noway:
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's not slim fast it's self but the concept is the same... I started today...
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I used to use Slim Fast, then I gained all the weight plus some back. I even tried it a second time, and then it was pointed out to me how much sugar/fake sugar was in it (Yuck). My advice, try shakeology or buy some protein and make your own meal replacements. Not trying to knock ya, but it really won't give you the results you want or need, at least not for long. It also gives you the sh*ts real bad.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I tried Slim Fast years ago....was hungry all the time....I should have known with sugar being the main ingredient.

The problem with Slim Fast (and other meal replacement plans) is, it teaches you nothing about your eating habits.....you know the thing that got you to this place.

If you want a shake ....at least make your own. Get some good quality protein powder, fruit, spinach, chia seeds & milk/yogurt/whatever. Then you can tweak the flavor to your liking....a decent amount of protein, fiber & some fat to keep you full longer.
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    I tried Slim Fast years ago....was hungry all the time....I should have known with sugar being the main ingredient.

The problem with Slim Fast (and other meal replacement plans) is, it teaches you nothing about your eating habits.....you know the thing that got you to this place.

If you want a shake ....at least make your own. Get some good quality protein powder, fruit, spinach, chia seeds & milk/yogurt/whatever. Then you can tweak the flavor to your liking....a decent amount of protein, fiber & some fat to keep you full longer.

What I should have said^
  • laolivabeachbum
    Options
    You will get no love if you mention Slim Fast on here.....just a bunch of people answering questions you didn't ask!

Feel free to add me, I do Tesco's Ultra Slim for a few meal replacements.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i agree, def read the labels, scary fake sugar is in a lot of those type store bought shakes to make them taste good. They add checmicals to make them (and other fat free/low fat stuff) low cal.
    Its better to make your own or research a meal replacement that has no scary additives.
  • Christophe2Fit
    Christophe2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello
    tried herbalife 10 years ago.... Didn't work...
    tried bodybuilding worked while doing it
    tried German Camp diet one meal a day under 700cal, worked until you stop, then you become huge

Slimfast is a protein based diet...
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did slimfast years ago.. no luck.. too much sugar. I do Shakeology (no haters please). It is one of the healthiest shakes you will find and doesn't leave me hungry. We all just have to find what works for us.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I did slimfast years ago.. no luck.. too much sugar. I do Shakeology (no haters please). It is one of the healthiest shakes you will find and doesn't leave me hungry. We all just have to find what works for us.

I've actually heard several good things about shakeology and have some friends that love it and swear by it. No hating for that product. Slim Fast is just garbage.