Never paid attention to sugar.

Options
I never paid attention to the sugar I consumed. I have only concentrated on calories. Which I am not going to lie has worked for years. I always thought I am not adding sugar to anything and I dont go for very sugary sweets too much so I never thought I consummed too much sugar. But after just curiously googling foods to avoid with sugar, almost everything I eat was on it. Hmmm.....never thought I had a problem with sugar, but I guess I do. "Shrug" eye opening alittle

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

It is true that many processed foods have added sugar. I have observed this in particular for the "low fat" or "non fat" versions of processed foods. I go for Healthy fats these days. I try to avoid processed sugar. I do not use sugar substitutes either.

On the other hand, I eat raw fruit. At least 5 portions daily. I try to eat fruits with a lot of fiber and "dense". I love fruit in season, they taste better and they are cheaper. I buy frozen fruit in the winter time.

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I'm a sugar junkie myself with no remorse at all.

Sugar takes a really bad rap but for a body in motion, you won't find a better friend.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you have a problem with sugar? Just because it is in many foods you eat? Because some nebulous authorities on the interwebz said to avoid it? Or is there some legitimate medical concern, e.g. diabetes?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    What constitutes a "problem" with sugar though? Sugar itself is not inherently evil...you have to take into account dosage. On average I eat around 80-100 grams of sugar daily...much of that is fruit and veg intake. I personally don't see that as a problem. When I was drinking 3-5 sodas per day...well, that was a different story.
  • GummyBears7779
    GummyBears7779 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My sugar levels never been right....
    Sigh....too much honeydews. I eat sum if that stuff and my sugar levs go thro the roof
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, Its not so much that its a huge problem just that I never realized I consumed so much not even knowing it. I wont be changing what I eat or anything bc of it unless it became a health issue which it is not at the moment. Just was eye opening. I just think maybe its time for me to get more educated in other parts of foods besides calories.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, Its not so much that its a huge problem just that I never realized I consumed so much not even knowing it. I wont be changing what I eat or anything bc of it unless it became a health issue which it is not at the moment. Just was eye opening. I just think maybe its time for me to get more educated in other parts of foods besides calories.

which is great but educate yourself on protiens/fats etc...don't worry about sugar unless you have a medical reason to.