Need Help: Plateau & BMR

Options
cns94
cns94 Posts: 165 Member
Hi Everybody,

I've been having the issue since moving back to college that I have not lost any additional weight; a plateau of about 5 months now. Most people would assume that this is because of the college lifestyle, however, I have maintained my eating habits from the summer which is when I lost 30 pounds. I've been fortunate, unlike a lot of students that lose weight, to not have put any of it back on & at least maintained but that is starting to get really frustrating.

I'm about 5'5 and 195 lbs. My calculated BMR is 1714, my daily MFP goal is 1310.

My workout schedule is Zumba 3 times/week for 60 minutes and walking/jogging 2 times/week for 40-60 minutes.
At Zumba I tend to burn around 640 calories & my other cardio days will vary.

I don't eat red meat or bread at all & am now trying to wean myself off of gluten again completely (I still eat cereal or organic chicken nuggets occasionally, but that's about it). I do not drink any pop, mostly water and tea with stevia in it.
For those of you who might wonder, I do not have a food scale SO when I do count my calories or food I always overestimate slightly how much I have measured for the fact that it is not precise ounces or grams weighed out that way it is factored into my day.

I'm trying to understand what might be causing my plateau. Am I eating too much? Not enough? When I'm burning high calorie levels what should my net be? Things like that.

Please give me any input you have, it's very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    No food scale (I know its hard at college) and if your eating back exercise calories probably means your eating too much and overestimating your exercise calories... its hard with no food scale... I know you don't eat red meat, but your protein number is really low..
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If your BMR is 1714 you should be eating more than that each day. You seem to have a good schedule as far as what you are burning goes. Use the TDEE method and make sure you each your calorie goal.